PDA

View Full Version here: : Cheap Lightning Camera Triggers for sale

BlackWidow
28-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi all this just a heads up.. Last week thier were some threads on lightning photography and how to do it. I decided I would also like to try some daytime shots and for this you need a lightning trigger. I did a search on E-Bay and found a guy selling them for $79 or make an offer. Pretty cheap I thought. Mine purchase is still to arrive but made an offer of $58 which was accepted.

However he is having a sale for today only and is selling them for $39.. with free shipping. Make me feel ripped off, but it's a steal for those wanting one.. I have no connection with this guy in anyway and you can look at his purchase history to see I have purchased one ( user ID close to IIS ID). The seller is in Germany. Just know that the subject was hot last week and wanted those who are interested to not miss out.

I was going to try and build my own, but for $58 though it was not worth it. However now they are $39 it a no brainer.. I think I might even get another as a spare..

Not sure if I am allowed to put up an item number, but here goes anyway: 180721967942

I hope this is a help. :thumbsup:

Regards
Mardy

niko
28-11-2011, 04:42 PM
good one Mardy, thanks

I've grabbed one

niko

troypiggo
28-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Very interesting/tempting. See that ebay link down further for package deals - lightning trigger + sound trigger + laser trigger (eg for waterdrops) for $79. Christmas is coming up... :D

Octane
28-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Sweet.

Will place order tonight.

Thanks!

H

BlackWidow
28-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I think I am going to get a spare. Also could be good to share with others on a good storm night. I could not purchase the parts for that price

bartman
28-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Mardy, thanks for the heads up!
I want to buy one too , and as the blurb says it works on all DSLR's.
I have sent a question to the seller but thought I would ask you too.
Will it work on a Nikon D90 as well?
Do you or anyone else have any experience with this set up?
Thanks
Bartman

BlackWidow
28-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I am not sure, but I cant see why not. This guy is only doing this dal for today. I would just get one and if it does not work you will always get your money back. You most likley make a profit. You might just need to make an adaptor lead and thats all

Mardy

rally
28-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Not sure if its a problem or not but although his eBay ratings seem great - actually they are 100% perfect, his web site as listed on the product photos doesnt seem to be operational.
There is no content.

I guess if PayPal is involved its a safer bet.

Rally

bartman
28-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks Martin,
I took the plunge anyway, and as you said, I'll be able to sell it if I cant find a work around ( am looking now on google...)
Cheers
Bartman

BlackWidow
28-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I have had no troubles Rally, he has been good with E-mail response. He also has recomended seller rating and that is not easy to get. I was happy to take the chance when I spent $58. $39 is not really much of a risk and you are correct with the protection of Pay Pal

mithrandir
28-11-2011, 10:09 PM
According to the listing he supplies a Canon plug. Anything else you have to build yourself from a suitable remote release cable. The one I got a while back had an option to specify other plugs.

troypiggo
28-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Googling around, check out this DIY trigger! 15 in 1. Does lightning, sound, intervalometer and more all in one.
http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/smatrig21/

bartman
29-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Grrrr Troy,,,,,
looks awesome!
thanks......:(

troypiggo
29-11-2011, 06:25 AM
I just heard back from him. He can make them for you, EU$65 posted.