PDA

View Full Version here: : TV everbright

dannat
24-11-2011, 01:41 PM
r the ever bright diagonals worth it? i mean 250 for a 1.25" how good r they? (i have been offered one & am curious)

CDKPhil
24-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Daniel
I have ordered the 2" ever bright diagonal.
From what I have read about them they are worth every penny.
I guess it depends on the quality of eyepieces you are using. A high quality eyepiece with a poor quality diagonal = poor quality view IMHO.
I will be using TV Ethos eyepieces in mine.

Cheers
Phil

Waxing_Gibbous
25-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Dan:
Gotta disagree with Phil here(sorry old boy).
IMHO, they are no better than a GSO premium 2" and not as good as the Stellarvue 2". I found (both samples) I tried to be quite 'ghosty'. Could have been a batch thing, but I never had the issue with an SV or a GSO / Meade.
Unless it's a real bargain, I'd opt for one of the others.

dannat
25-11-2011, 07:33 AM
thanks peter thats what i thought, even some US guys said they couldn't tell diff between TV & astrotech (gs0), will stick with my stellarvue

casstony
25-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I've got a 2" everbrite, WO and GSO. I haven't side-by-sided them to look for minor optical differences but the everbrite is of far superior mechanical construction - it's made from a single block of metal (nose can't unscrew inadvertently), the operation of the thumbscrew/compression ring is smoother and has less tendency to catch on eyepieces, the TV is well blackened vs the shiny interior of the GSO, and the TV has a larger clear aperture than the WO (WO is only 40mm).

I haven't noticed any ghosting from any of the diagonals.