PDA

View Full Version here: : Rain in ACT caused by me this week... sorry!

Gem
23-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi

Just a quick apology to all in the ACT and surrounding region. This week's cloud, rain and wind is due to a Televue 24mm Pano on the way from Bintel to my house... should arrive tomorrow!

As my brother always told me when I was a kid: the eyepiece is half your telescope! Good times ahead! (if it clears up....) :)

Octane
23-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Grant, nooooooo! I was hoping to go away this weekend for new Moon!

Congrats on the purchase. : )

H

Mliss
23-11-2011, 10:39 PM
:lol: in that case WA is in for a treat on Friday. ;)

hope it clears up soon so you can enjoy your new toy Grant. :)

Gem
24-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Pretty consistent rain at the moment! Not that the EP has arrived... placed the order on the weekend - you'd think Canberra wouldn't be that far to send from Sydney?? Often have parcels taking longer to here than other places... :(

Saturn%5
24-11-2011, 07:54 PM
you'd think Canberra wouldn't be that far to send from Sydney?? Often have parcels taking longer to here than other places... :([/QUOTE]

That's a long way isn't :P Grant it is amazing how long stuff takes to get to us here , in saying that my new scope left Columbus Ohio last weekend and has just left Melbourne bound for Tassie so i Guess its going to be wet here this weekend go go DHL :D Hope you get your stuff soon and get clear skies, and on a final point Mel start building an Ark :rofl:

cheers

Graeme.

BlackWidow
24-11-2011, 09:56 PM
You have effected the weather here in Adelaide too. You real should think of others before you make any purchase. Just hide it away and then sneek it out when the weather gets better. That might b a while as you got a good item

Mardy

Ric
24-11-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought the rain was because I washed and polished my bike. ;)

Maybe a bit of a joint effort there Grant. :D

FlashDrive
25-11-2011, 01:21 AM
On'ya Grant ... And I've just hung my washing on the line. :D

Flash. :thumbsup:

Gem
25-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Got the Aus post parcel card in the letterbox... but the post office was shut by the time I got there. So I guess the rain is going to continue at least through monday night. You can't use a new EP the day you get it after all!!! :)

Ric
26-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey Grant, how many EP's did you buy :question:

I've had 37mm of rain since midnight and a total of 64mm since Friday morning. :lol:

Thanks though, there's a bit more water in the tank and I won't have to water the veges or the trees for a few days. :thumbsup:

Gem
27-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Well, it is a TELEVUE. Quality EP = Quality Rain ??? ;)

Gem
28-11-2011, 07:50 AM
I have it!!! Picked it up from the Post Office this morning. Skies clear with just a bit of high level cloud...
Please please please let it stay clear until tonight!!! :)

Mliss
28-11-2011, 01:40 PM
good luck Grant!! :thumbsup:

Octane
28-11-2011, 02:08 PM
No chance, Grant.

My M-Audio MIDI keyboard arrived this morning as well. Picking it up after 4 PM from the post office.

Expect cloud and rain. : )

H

Gem
28-11-2011, 06:40 PM
No rain... just high level cloud... :mad2: