PDA

View Full Version here: : Nearly Home

leon
22-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys, well today is a sad day, we, Alice and I are some 30 ks away from Ballarat, and soon our nine month plus adventure around this country will come to and end for this year. :sadeyes: :sadeyes:

We will stay around Ballart for a few months, and then head off again to some other unknown place, there is still heaps we have not seen. :D :D

Glad I was able to stay in contact with you guys from time to time.;)

Leon and Alice :thumbsup:

Kevnool
22-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Theres no place like home Leon but then theres no time like a holiday.

Did you have a house sitter whilst you were away ?

Cheers Kev.

leon
22-11-2011, 09:56 PM
No house sitter Kev the rig is our house, only it has wheels and comes with us to where ever we go. ;)

Leon :thumbsup:

PCH
23-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Well, welcome back in any case Leon.

Just on a separate note though. I remembered you'd sold the house before setting off. But don't you have to have a fixed abode in this country (like most others I'd imagine), in order to get certain social security type benefits that you may in time need due to circumstances ? How does that work, - any ideas guys?

Cheers, :thumbsup:

leon
23-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Yea Paul, we do have a home base, which is our postal address as well.
When we come back from our travels from time to time we live with our good friend and neighbor just across the road where we originally lived.
She has a double block with a separate drive way, and I landscaped the entire part of that block, so it is just like a little home away from home, so to speak.
So we settle in there when back in Ballarat, which is also our postal address.
When away she, our friend collects any mail, and if important emails it to us, the rest like banking etc we do online anyway.
So the arrangement works very well indeed.

Leon

Mliss
23-11-2011, 12:57 PM
WOW Leon, what a set up!!

I bet you've created some wonderful memories in your 'house' and seen some amazing skies too.

It sounds like it won't be long before you and Alice are off again :lol: what a life!! :thumbsup:

leon
23-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Mel, you are dead right it is a wonderful experience, we have seen so much and taken many beautiful photos.
Every one should do it if the opportunity arises.

Leon

Ric
23-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi Leon, its been great to follow you around via IIS.

The photo's you have shared have been great.

I'm looking forward to your next adventure.

leon
23-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm looking forward to your next adventure.

Me to Ric :D

Leon :thumbsup: