PDA

View Full Version here: : Jfk

jjjnettie
22-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I was only a baby when he was murdered, and grew up amongst all the speculation and conspiracy theories.
I remember him best though, for his passion for the Space Program.
JFK
29/5/1917 - 22/11/1963

leon
22-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Something that one never forgets, I was just 13 when this happened, thanks for sharing this anniversary Jeanette.

Leon

bojan
22-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I remember that day.. I was 13 also.
Much, much later, I visited the place where it happened (NEC-A business trip to Dallas).

supernova1965
22-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I think the world would be a very different place if he had been able to complete his terms of Office and lived to be a role model for people.

We all know he wasn't perfect in all area's of his life but put up your hand if you have never made mistakes. I believe that he more than made up for that in how he handled his job just imagine what would have happened in the Cuban Missle crisis if someone more hawkish had been in power:scared:

GrahamL
22-11-2011, 04:53 PM
A very tragic event in world history, I watched a piece on his brother a short time back ,another tragic end to one who had a lot to live for

I found the funeral train footage a very sombre look at how America viewed the Kennedy family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG4vJxi9Kis

Nifty
22-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I was 23 when it happened. An appalling piece of American history. They only seem to do it to the good ones; the turkeys manage to survive which is why I worry about the current President.

Cheers
Nev

Stardrifter_WA
22-11-2011, 09:35 PM
One of the three defining moments in the world, where I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news of his assassination (I was only 9). The other two, one of which is connected to the Kennedy legacy; The first man on the moon. The other moment, totally etched in most peoples minds...9/11.

TrevorW
22-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Inspirational visionary or a smart politician I've often wondered.

America at that time was in the height of the cold war, the Russians had beaten them into space, they needed something that could rally them as a nation leading them into the 21st century

internationally they were supporting scirmages in various countries but not actively engaged in a major conflict

unfortunate in some ways that he didn't live to see the moon landings through to its fruition.

I also pondered that if he had survived whether we'd be recovering from a nuclaer war or populating Mars by now.

Ric
23-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I was only three at the time, but I remember what my parents told me about it.

I remember the rest though, the space race, cold war and Vietnam.