PDA

View Full Version here: : Orion Starshoot problem

BB
17-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently bought an Orion Star SHoot Planetary Imager and auto guider and after installing the drivers and PHD my laptop still says it is an unknown device. Has anyone else seen this problem? Im running Windows 7 32bit. I have even tried installing the 64 bit update but it still doesnt work. :shrug: :help:

tempestwizz
20-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm no expert with Orion Starshhot, but I had a spate of similar problems some time back which ended up being caused by the Antivirus software. It just wouldn't allow drivers to load, although the installation process appeared to run smoothly. I was using CAwhen this was goind on. Now on Kaspersky no problems.

HTH

Brian C

Allan_L
20-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I had a similar problem when trying to load Starshoot to my Windows 7 computer.

Finally I picked that the problem was in the auto install.
It tries to instal a program (active x or similar) but there is a newer version already loaded, so the instal stops.
Unfortunately the total instal fails so the other files needed don't get loaded either.

Eventually, I got around this by installing it onto my wifes XP PC and then copying the installed folder onto my PC.
When I tried to run it, i required a DLL file that also was missing so I copied that to the same directory as well.

Works fine now.

Hope this helps.

(actually I think there was another issue with a web cam that clashed.
So I had to disable the built in web cam in Device Manager too)

BB
21-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the help guys :)