PDA

View Full Version here: : Old Aussie TV shows

Poita
15-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone anywhere has a copy of an old ABC TV show from 1979 called 'Twenty Good Years'?

A good friend of mine starred in it, and never saw his performance. Unfortunately we recently found out he is terminally ill, and we are trying to track down a copy to screen it for him.

If anyone has any leads, let me know, I can handle 16mm, U-Matic, Betacam and even old reel-to-reel video formats, so if it exists, I'll make an archive copy and return it in pristine condition.

Thanks

-Peter

mithrandir
15-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Try Doug Anderson at the SMH. He can often find people with copies of all sorts of obscure TV shows and movies.

Poita
15-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I'd completely forgotten about Doug. Thanks.

niko
15-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Ring ABC Program Sales (Cyrus Irani, manager) in Sydney. It will cost but explain it is for not-for-profit private screening for a former actor of the show

niko

mishku
15-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Thread hijack to ask: does anyone have (or know someone who has?) a copy of the rather rare "the very best of seachange" album, released as the show ended in the late 90s? I'd love to buy a copy, and have been searching fruitlessly for months.

Mods: would this be better in the wanted section of icetrades??

Poita
15-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Mishku, I think I have it, send me a PM, but yes, starting your own thread would be more appropriate.

Nico, I'll look the number up and give that a try, I didn't know such a thing was possible.

mishku
15-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Poita, PM sent :)

Poita
16-11-2011, 11:12 AM
They are checking out the rights issues and getting back to me, thanks so much for the lead.

-Pete