PDA

View Full Version here: : Brisbane deserves a drink after near-record dry

steve000
15-11-2011, 02:22 PM
"

Brett Dutschke, Tuesday November 15, 2011 - 09:50 EDT Brisbane is having its driest start to November in 92 years and is on target for its driest start on record, giving residents a hard-earned thirst.

No rainfall has been recorded in the city gauge in the first 15 days of this month, making it the driest start to November since 1919, when the first 15 days were also rain-free.

The record longest it has taken for rain to arrive in November is 19 days, in 1914.

The next best chance for rain is not until next week, which would take the current dry streak beyond 20 days, breaking a long-standing record.

Typically in November there are about 10 rain days, which on average, bring a total of about 100mm. This month is likely to fall well short of this.

Low pressure troughs have stayed too far inland to bring showers and storms to the coast.

Gardens are suffering, with help from 30-to-35-degree heat yesterday and today. If it wasn't for the official end to water restrictions, there would be a desperate need for a downpour.

The rest of the week will only be slightly cooler and it will heat up again this coming weekend.

Whilst it has been a dry month, summer should turn out wetter-than-average with help from La Nina."

Honestly I dont mind... I have found that the stars actually exist and the sky is not some massive cloud. I also discovered this thing in the sky aparently its called 'The Sun"

TrevorW
15-11-2011, 03:35 PM
What happened to all that water, didn't you have floods this year ???

DavidTrap
15-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Our solar panels are loving it!

DT