PDA

View Full Version here: : Up here (in Michigan) we got snow!

Daveskywill
11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Hello down south:

We're actually getting snow here, it's so cold.

And in Alaska they just had a big storm.

I guess there are some places on Earth that are so cold permanently that there is
perma-frost there.

From the December 2011 edition of Astronomy magazine (I recommend it) they have an article about Mercury, the Moon, and how we analyze star light (in spectrum).

About the Moon missions (named Constellation) our President Obama cancelled those manned missions. I guess they did that because the two latest probes taught us so much about the Moon that it wouldn't benefit much more from manned missions.

Those 2 probes were the LRO and the LCROSS ones. And I even heard of one that consisted of 2 probes that were to scan the Moon for something like slight deviations in gravity, hense structure.

James Webb Space Telescope would be real nifty if that one gets built, succeeds and is used to look further back than Hubble.

Hope everyone takes care and Happy Seasons.
David

Kevnool
11-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I reckon its our turn David to go observing in Japanese riding boots now the warmth is upon us.

Dont get me wrong as i enjoy the cold as you can always get warm but then again its that time to go boating and swimmin.......yayyy.

Cheers Kev.