PDA

View Full Version here: : Still on the move and loving it

leon
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi guys, to those that know, Alice and I are now camped near that big rock close to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, we arrived this afternoon and plan on a very exciting and adventurous time.
We are spending 4 days and nights here so have plenty of time.

We free camped during the last week until we reached Alice Springs, and were very disillusioned with the place, :sadeyes: what a s...hole, of a place, :sadeyes:the worst 3 days spent anywhere since we left Ballarat in February this year.

Anyway, it is a long and open space as one drives along the Stuart Highway, and all one sees is 100's of kilometers of burnt bush land :shrug: it goes on forever, but we have/are enjoying ever moment of it.

Will do some photography around here for sure, and if anything decent comes out of it, I will post a few pic's.

Alice and Leon :thumbsup:

FlashDrive
08-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Good show Leon ... " Watching this Space " for some pic's.
Please ...NO Pic's of " Road Kill " :lol:

Flash :hi:

leon
08-11-2011, 10:25 PM
No road kill Colin, promise, ;) however some one needs to teach those frilly lizards some road sense, :shrug: poor buggers
In a 200 klm stretch I reckon i saw 20 fresh kills, :sadeyes: just missed one my self in fact.

Leon :thumbsup:

PCH
09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi Leon,

great to see you guys are still on the move. I'm sure we've all enjoyed sharing your travels with you.

Speaking for myself, I'd be interested to hear how the van has been? Any problems with anything mechanical or electrical? Any times you've had to 'make do'? Or has it lived up to your complete expectations so far - comfort and facility-wise? I was fascinated by how plush the interior looked when you first posted. I do love my creature comforts, so if I was going anywhere, I would want it to be in a van something like that. But after all this time, have you guys found it has begun to feel cramped or limiting in any way? I'd be interested to hear when you have a minute :)

Cheers Leon, all the best mate :thumbsup:

FlashDrive
09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
:D If one ran out of food ... you could always " Dine " on the side of the road ... fresh meat for the taking. :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Leon .... Flash :hi:

starlooker
09-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Glad to see you're enjoying retirement. Would love to see some pics of our beautiful country. :thumbsup:

PS - What is so bad about Alice Springs? Too much alcohol?

leon
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Mate, I reckon if i went into it and said what i really think of the place, the moderators would frown on my explanation.
I usually say what I think, but on this occasion I will let be.

Leon