PDA

View Full Version here: : Do u think Chopper was a bad man?

overlord
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
He is the new ned kelly according to some comments on the utube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LVtOpagfg :P:

Apparently he only went after heroin dealers so is that bad? What do u guys think? He does like to come across as wanting to come across as being a bit of a psycho tho. I have read many of his books and I tend to think he is cleverer than he makes out. :question:

Octane
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM
:s

leon
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
The new Ned Kelly my a..., Kelly was as bad as they come, they are/were both crooks, why they make them out as some hero is beyond me.

Leon

TrevorW
01-11-2011, 08:41 PM
A murdering mad b !!!

don't write to much into that BS

there's a thin line between genius and insanity remember most mass murderers rate as having above average IQ

Stardrifter_WA
01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Why is that everyone seems to romanticise folk heros when they were simply doing bad things, whether they are good or bad men? :screwy:

taminga16
01-11-2011, 08:58 PM
When I read the title to this thread I thought that he may have been dead but it was not to be.

Greg.

KenGee
01-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Anybody who thinks chopper is anything but a dangerous thug needs their head to take a good look at his crimal record and their outlook on life.

traveller
01-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Bumped into chopper (not literally!!!) on smith st collingwood a few years ago, he is a sight to behold, mean looking with a smirk on his face. Couldnt cross the street fast enough...
Bo

avandonk
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I could tell you what I thought of chopper but then he would either maim or kill me, so I won't.
Bert

PS. He is twice the painter Vincent van Gogh was.

jjjnettie
01-11-2011, 11:55 PM
The best thing about Chopper, is that he provided Ronny Johns with fodder for his comedy shows.

ballaratdragons
02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
For those that don't already know (which seems to be quite a few above), Chopper Read is a clever Author with a fantastic imagination and a gift at story-telling.
Also good at stealing other peoples stories.
Although I have never personally met Chopper, I have personally known people who served time with him, and I got to know underworld characters as friends that knew Chopper very well, and they paint a very different picture of 'the kid full of **** and a big mouth'.

Motorcycle Clubs (which Chopper claims to be buddy buddy with) would love to run into him some time :D

Yes, he did some stupid things, and yes he has a mental problem, but he is no Ned Kelly-like character.

Ned Kelly was a bad person, but Chopper is just weird. But a shrewd business man too.
Take what he says with a grain of salt.
He certainly knows how to sell his books :lol: :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just remembered a comment he made in a TV interview on Channel 9 about 5 years ago.
When asked if he really did all those things he claims in his books, he rolled his eyes and said "come on, I'm a writer. I want to sell books".

Ric
02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Good one Bert :thumbsup:

blink138
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
hey bert i was once offered one of his "masterpieces" by a gallery owner in perth who wanted to swap it for a pair of (very) expensive glasses! when i asked SWMBO i was in a real world 'o' hurt!
needless to say it is not hanging on my wall and the glasses got sold for their proper worth a long time ago now
pat

Stardrifter_WA
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Pat, you may be sorry when he finally drops dead. Dead artists paintings are worth more, even bad dead artist.......take Hitler! His paintings are worth a lot, go figure :P :D

leon
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
He may be all that you say Ken, but it changes nothing about his criminal record.

Leon

ballaratdragons
02-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Yep Leon. His 'real' record, not the one he made up :lol:

He did do a lot of violence and was a total maniac at times, but a bit of embellishment goes a long way too :P

Stuart78
06-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I ran into him at Can River on the way to Tathra, IQ of an ape, lol!!!

KenGee
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
His "real" record speaks for itself the guy is a low life.

taminga16
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
And he wasn't terrible tough either, research the reason behind him removing his ears whilst in prison.
Greg.

Stardrifter_WA
07-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Who started this thread, Chopper Read:question: Wants to know if anyone likes him, perhaps :P

leonie-macaroni
08-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I remember him saying "Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn."

He's a character all right, but not a character you'd want in your own story.:screwy:

jjjnettie
08-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Too right.