PDA

View Full Version here: : Ever seen a ufo?

overlord
01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
I seen one once. It was perhaps a piece of rotating space equipment. Like a yellow strobe light moving south east about 8pm. This was a few years back. As soon as I got it in the scope it just vanished. I looked up and it was gone. Amateur astronomers must see heaps if they are outside all the time. :eyepop: But u have to be lucky.

traveller
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
By definition, anything that is not readily identified is an UFO, so yes, seen plenty of those, esp after a bit night out :lol:
Bo

gregbradley
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I often wondered about that. I have been out amongst the stars for hundreds of hours and I have never seen anything. I have not even seen a big meteor fireball. I've seen hundreds of meteors from tiny, super fast to a couple that flash like firecrackers and leave a smoke trail and some that seem to float down relatively slowly. But never anything like that.

I did see in one sub though quite a large number of trails many parallel.

It looked like an invasion fleet! Noone turned up the next day so it must have just been a lot of satellites! It was a spooky image.
Greg.

koputai
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I have this fool on my ignore list, but I still see threads he starts. Can this be changed anywhere?

Cheers,
Jason.

supernova1965
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
I once saw something bright curve across the sky then stop and drop straight down not saying it was ET but it was definately A UFO. One thing I will say is it definately wasn't Venus:P

overlord
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Gee sorry for breathing lol. :screwy:

Stardrifter_WA
01-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes; along with a few others, we saw something that was somewhat weird and that we couldn't explain. But none of us thought that it was alien though. More likely it was some sort of aerial manoeuvres being conducted by the air-force, although they denied it. That was 30 years ago; and no I wasn't on magic mushies or drunk :D :lol: Well maybe a little, drunk that is.

originaltrilogy
01-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Never seen anything I couldn't explain.

overlord
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Well there remains the issue of whether your explanation is the correct one. It seems to me what you are really saying is: `I've convinced myself that I have the correct explanation, 100% of the time'.

Stardrifter_WA
02-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I know what I saw, but I also know that the brain can play tricks, but when others descriptions match yours, it is a little hard to deny.

Many many years later I heard of a similar instance and it turned out to be a reflection off an inversion layer. Could possibly explain it. :question:

Ric
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Nope, never seen one.

Apparently they don't go near people who know how to focus a camera. ;)

Barrykgerdes
02-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I have been hit by UFO's occasionally and if I had been able to identify their source they would no longer be UFO's.:screwy:

Barry ;):lol:

Kal
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
I saw a ufo at devils tower national monument. There were people playing music and flashing strange light patterns to it.

Stardrifter_WA
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Hmmm Kal, you sure you didn't see that at the pictures :D

blindman
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Ten years back (southern hemisphere over Blacktown, Sydney) I was observing western sky with my friend from his backyard, through Nexstar 4 when we saw one object - going faster than a plane, slower than the satellite, leaving a yellow trail exactly like you are producing a yellow line on a black background in some paint software. I would say it was far higher than satellite, looking through binoculars 15x70! Yellow line was at least 5 degree long, growing from west to wards Zenith, and we were quite exited. And then another one pretty close to first one, going in parallel line, maybe close to 10 degrees or longer, exactly the same intensity. Looked like movie scene showing distant spaceship passing by. Still big enigma what it might be, but the feeling that few moments was extremely incredible. Of course we commented that mystery all the rest of that evening.

brian nordstrom
03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
:shrug:OOps here goes trouble .
In the Bay of Plenty near a town called Whakatane , I built a house , 20km's from there , it had beautiful dark skies , nice.
One night in july 1995 the milky way was running true east / west at 11pm and a movement caught my eye low in the west .;)
What! , as I had been out for hours with zero light this side on "V" shape was slowly moving under the milkyway and slowly blocking the stars , nebular , from view . :question:
I had time to think ,, either this thing is huge and travelling really fast at 30000feet of bat sized and travelling really slow ( silently) at 25 feet ?:help:.
I slowly backed up to my silent and dark house because this thing gave me the willies .:help:.
I watched this thing , totally BLACK! blot the stars from east to west for 4 minuits .
I have this documented in one of my diaries .
The reason for the 30000ft comment was at Whakatane the USAF Starlifters used to pass over head on there way to Antartica ant the sound took 15 miniuts to reach there , long after the lights of the plane had gone . A "V" on its side totally BLACK and SILENT. mmmmm
Still to this day wonder ??:shrug: My 1st and only.
Brian.

Stardrifter_WA
03-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe the USAF were testing the highly secret, yet everyone knows about, Aurora aicraft :P

Stardrifter_WA
03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Also Brian :D I wouldn't back up to the house, I would wave :hi: like crazy, yelling....take me, take me :rofl:

brian nordstrom
03-11-2011, 09:55 PM
:thumbsup: They gotta sell the mufflers to us Joe public dudes , Peter this thing was silent! I gave it 1/2 an hour just in case it was really ,really . HUMONGUS !!! ( silence is golden by the 'Tremelows') and at 60000 ft? and at the 738mph of sound how long it took to reach my ears .
It is fun now to think back now , but mate at the time my hairs started to stand up .eg. the 'WILLIES '
Hmmmm .. I seen a few Aurora from that place , .They are differant .but pretty :thumbsup:
Brian.

brian nordstrom
03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
:eyepop: If you were there mate I would have loaned you my bull horn . :lol: and ......
....I will wait around the side of the house , yea mate this black thing gave me time to look and think , 4 miniutes , the length of a good solar eclipse.
And people call that a once in a life time experience .
:help:..The "willies" is what I got . this was not of this Earth .
Brian.
Oh yea the bull horn is on it's charger ,, he he ...;)

brian nordstrom
03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
:D Swamp gas , Peter . thats what it is ?:thumbsup: FBI sorted it out .
Brian.

brian nordstrom
03-11-2011, 10:19 PM
:shrug: Ouch Jason ,! So this guy is a 'fool ' ( your word ) that bieleves in UFO's ? right .
And your Avatar is ' SPACE ZOMBIE ' ? so its ok to be a zombie , a space zombie at that ? , and not a ufo freak ?
woaw mate I'm glad you aint prime minister !-

(other wise we all , that dont think like you would be shot off into the sun ?)

- of the world . one Q mate where is your space ship for zombies parked?;)
Sorry man but I can see the funny side .:thumbsup:
Brian.

Stardrifter_WA
04-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Brian,

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" and G.K. Chesterton also said that "nothing can do man harm unless he fears it".

All very well for them to say. Unless you have feared something deeply, you cannot truly understand the nature of fear. I have known true terror :eyepop: in my life, maybe that is why I fear nothing now. I can understand that a situation like that would give someone the willies, but hand me that bull horn....pick me, pick me. :D

I have often thought that wouldn't it be great for a space ship to come take me away from all this crap. Take me to the stars..........:hi:

Pinwheel
04-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeh right!! I got these & no one including Prof Spring of RMIT had an answer.

1st in Melbourne but was going west to east, very low & slow about 100ft AGL

2nd Same week but was seen hovering over the highway, that's a street light under it. It seemed fascinated by the street light.

Pinwheel
04-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Well then this vindicates Blindman.. These photographs were about 10 years ago..in Melbourne but going west to east but very low about 100ft AGL. I have higher dpi image & the pictures are on film before digital. Channel seven did a doco on it called "OZ encounters". Just because it challenges everything you think, something comes along & trips you up. People We are here & so is something else.

blindman
04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Wow, that makes two of us.
Amazing!

brian nordstrom
07-11-2011, 10:19 PM
:D Ahhh the Anthropic principle , my favorite .

" I think , Therefore I 'AM' "
Food for thought .:eyepop:.
Brian.:thumbsup:.

brian nordstrom
07-11-2011, 10:27 PM
:) alright Doug , the 1st photo was travelling slow ? and the photo was taken for how long? eg exposure time?
the 2nd photo has trees in the for ground so it was stationary ? I take it . ;) Any noise assioated withe either of these? Facts ? Doug make a the fact ! Truth .
As a certian FBI agent says , the truth is out there ....
Sorry Bro , but informatiom is what makes the differance , :thumbsup: You must have some? Any thing written down ? :question:
Cool photos .
Brian.

Stardrifter_WA
07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
I want to believe :D :P But I don't :sadeyes:

brian nordstrom
07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
:D here is a photo of a 'beam me up '.
taken with my Sony Alpha 200 DSLR using a 55mm lense and 1/60th of a second exposure time .
One for Doug . Enjoy mate .
Have a good :eyepop: look . Its real .:thumbsup:
The Enterprise was in cloud mode ? I think .
Brian.
2 times this file has failed to up load , I will try after this.

brian nordstrom
07-11-2011, 11:03 PM
;) Bugger I kid you all not! , 4 times the down load has failed , on the Beam .? :hi:
I will keep trying , because Doug and others ? will like it .
Brian , here goes one last time .:thumbsup: 5x failed . GRRRR! :confused2:
Brian.

brian nordstrom
07-11-2011, 11:07 PM
;) Yep Peter , Anthropic principle , it works both ways .:thanx: , When will you like a holiday next dry season up here, to come out back for a week or so of dark sky nights? :thumbsup: we may see some swamp gas ?
Brian.

Pinwheel
08-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I do have the data attached to a 20" x !6" wall print of it somewhere stashed away here, I will have to go looking for it in our barn. I can to the best of my memory say it was shot on my 35mm Nikon using a 200mm F2.8 lens with air release shutter cable,tripod & a 400 asa colour negative film. Exposure was around 20 seconds. The Object was not that slow & there was no sound either. If you want more details Google the DVD "OZ ENCOUNTERS" Personally after 10 years I'm over it.

ngcles
08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Chucky & All,

Yes I guess that's true, but I then must be extremely unlucky. I have spent many thousands of hours out under the night sky during more than 40 years and ... I haven't seen one.

I'm not a believer. I neither want to, nor do I want not to believe.

Best,

Les D

blindman
08-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Nothing is exactly as it seems, nor is it otherwise :-)

Stardrifter_WA
08-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah, this is all just an illusion and reality doesn't exist. But then I may be in denial about reality. Not really, I am not in denial, just selective about the reality I accept. :D

luigi
09-11-2011, 06:19 AM
It's a bug, it's always a bug.
Summertime...