PDA

View Full Version here: : Happy 50th Birthday Parkes Telescope!

Suzy
31-10-2011, 02:33 PM
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY today to PARKES TELESCOPE!!!

:jump::jump2::jump::jump2:

Even Google has celebrated with a gorgeous pic on their page.

For more information about the wonderful things the Parkes telescope has achieved, have a read here (http://www.csiro.au/science/Parkes-five-decades-of-discovery.html) at the CSIRO page which is celebrating this event by listing all it's achievements over the years.

Suzy
31-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Uh Oh, I now see Kal has already posted something about it.
I looked for other threads before posting this, but didn't see it then.:rolleyes:

Perhaps we can get rid of Kal's thread and use mine instead purely on the grounds that mine is more colourful and has bouncing smileys. :P :lol:

I tried to delete this thread but it appears I can no longer do that. :shrug:

cybereye
31-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm happy to use your thread Suzy although I'm a little sad that I'm actually older that the Parkes Radio Telescope!!! :rofl:

Mario

Suzy
31-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh goody, I have a taker for my thread - good on you, Mario! :lol:

Oh my, if you are older than Parkes, then you must have some fantastic memories on some of it's achievements- the moon for one! :eyepop:

astroron
31-10-2011, 03:49 PM
A very colourfull Birthday wishes to Parks from you Suzy :D:D:D
I am sure that it will be noticed;)
I too am older than Parks;) but have been in Auss just ten years shorter than The Dish:)
Cheers

cybereye
31-10-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm only one year older mind you!!!

Memories...yes, I remember the nuns at St. Thomas Mores at Brighton-Le-Sands in Sydney herding us into a room to watch the Moon landing on the TV. A wonderful memory...

Mario