PDA

View Full Version here: : Enormous storm here today

ballaratdragons
22-10-2011, 08:12 PM
We have had a wild and wooly day here today with Massive downpours, hail and flooding!

The thunderstorms were great though :thumbsup:

See story here: http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/massive-hail-storm-and-rain-hits-ballarat/2332509.aspx

Pics here: http://www.thecourier.com.au/multimedia/30216/ballarat-hail-rain-and-flash-flooding.aspx

keni
22-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Yikes.....
So that's what you were you watching and waiting for while we chatted.
Nasty stuff, I hope you didn't get any damage.
Cheers,
Ken.

pgc hunter
22-10-2011, 10:05 PM
fair bit of storm activity over the last month. Already been 4 storm days in Melbourne since September. Large hail seems to be a major feature of all this stuff.

Tomorrow also looking ripe for some action, if anything the higher temps and clearer skies should help.

I'm hoping for some monster cells... but no large hail please!

ballaratdragons
22-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Yes Ken, that's the storm I said I was watching when you rang me :lol:

All hell broke loose as soon as we hung up :eyepop:
Nope, no damage here :thumbsup:
but my youngest son is away on Bivouac with the Air Force in the bush just outside Bendigo and they copped it big time too.
I'm sure this will test their survival skills!
The only cover they have are Hoochies :P :rain:

leon
22-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Ken it even made the Darwin news, must have been a ripper of a storm, hope there was not to much damage/injury.

Leon

ballaratdragons
23-10-2011, 01:50 AM
It did quite a bit of Damage in town Leon.
Many shops in Bridge mall got flooded out and received roof damage, and Wendouree Village (Stocklands Shopping Centre) reported lots of roof cave-ins. plus the usual bits of small damage to houses.

No wonder it made the news in Darwin though. It was a ripper of a storm :thumbsup:

leon
23-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I love a good storm, but when it causes chaos it isn't that exciting I suppose. :sadeyes:

Leon :thumbsup: