PDA

View Full Version here: : bike thread on IIS?

traveller
21-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi all, one of my other hobbies is bike restoration. I have done a restoration job on a Northern Star bike for my wife (hunting down old parts on ebay etc). As of today, I became a proud owner of a Roadstar Dragster. I always had a thing for these bikes, so I want to do a proper job on this one (read spend more $$$).
Now, on the off chance, does anyone know of any places in Melbourne that can do good sand blasting, re-power coating and re-chroming?
I posted a similar thread on a bike forum, but thought I try my luck here also (and this forum is MUCH more user friendly, thanks Mike).
Any help will be appreciated.:thanx:
Oh, some eye candy for those who want to check out my new baby.
Cheers,
Bo

Mliss
21-10-2011, 10:49 PM
that's a sweet bike Bo!! how about a picture of you on it ;)

i can't really help you with your question but have you tried calling the local bike shops? they might know someone who can help. best of luck!

dugnsuz
22-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Blast from my (UK) past...

Alchemy
22-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Late 70s these were everywhere.

supernova1965
22-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Here is one of my early bikes

torana68
22-10-2011, 12:46 PM
im not a fan of powdercoat, it works but it depends on what you want from it, restoring to new or rebilding to use..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ozpushies/

taminga16
22-10-2011, 12:55 PM
There is a bloke at Coldstream the does stuff for Hot Rodders, he is in Killara Road, There is another bloke in Huntingdale that does similar stuff.
Greg.

GrahamL
22-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Kool bike .. I always wanted a dragster buit the old man insisted on practical against the hedonism of youth :(

I must get my oldy going again sometime its been in pieces way to long.

traveller
22-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks all. Guess there are a few closet bike fanciers out there :lol:
I was told that there is a place called a class powder coating in Melbourne that does good jobs. Now I just need a free weekend to strip down the bike.
Bo