PDA

View Full Version here: : One for the Computer People

leon
21-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi Guys, maybe some one here could suggest a fix.

When I try to use my desk top for emailing, nothing will go through, however when I use my Lappy all is fine, and they are both connected to the same Router :shrug:

On the desk top I cant even add an attachment as that part of the page disappears when I open a new one, so buggered if i know, it seems like I have a gremlin in the desk top :shrug:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Leon :thumbsup:

michaellxv
21-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Are the email account settings correct on the desktop?
username/password, mail server

alistairsam
21-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Leon,

first of all, are you using Outlook Express or a web browser to send your email?
Where exactly does it fail and do you see any errors at all?
it could be a number of things but if you could explain your process, it'll be clearer and we might be able to spot the issue.

leon
21-10-2011, 03:03 PM
OK, this is how it goes.

I can log on, no issues there.
I can read my in box, all good.
I can open any e-mails i have sent from the Lappy on the desk top, as both are hooked up to the same router.
I can type up a letter, all good. :thumbsup:

However I cant send that letter.
I cant copy that letter, or paste it.
I cant attach anything to to letter, as the attachment section at the top appears, and then disappears in about 2 seconds as soon as i log on. :shrug:

However all is fine on the Lappy, it can do all the necessary actions, like forward mail, send it, add pictures to it, the lot, :thumbsup: so I really do not know what to do here. :shrug:

If you have a suggestion, please explain the steps, as I am not that clever with settings in this area, :question:

Thanks

Leon :thumbsup:

Poita
23-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Are you using outlook or outlook express as your email software?

There are security settings that may be blocking you from selecting attachments. If you can let us know the email software and the version number, (Go to Help and About) then we can help

Cheers

-Pete