PDA

View Full Version here: : The Wrens Won it!

hotspur
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Folks.

Over the weekend there was a photography competition in a near by town,I was not planning to enter anything,but one of the ladies in the camera club mentioned she was putting entries in and offered to take my entry if I wanted to put one in-this is usually the hard bit putting entries in -living in a remote area.So I put this cute wren image in the advance nature section.

I did not expect to do well,as the entries in the advanced nature section are very high,and there is always heaps of them.Anyhow-I came up trumps-
with a WIN!,so was rather pleased!

Thanks to a gentleman on Ice in Space for offering to print the prints in A4 to a very high standard,this helps a lot.

Here is a low res copy of the winning birds.

Cheers Chris

bloodhound31
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Well done Chris! I really liked that one you did that you called, 'He's all mine".

Baz.

hotspur
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Baz,

Yes-that one called 'He's all Mine',was taken a short time after this one.
I will keep that one in mind for any future comp I may enter-(its a fair bit of
work putting stuff in comps-not something I'd want to do regularly).

I did submit that one to my U.K publishing agent for assessment,and they found it good,and they put it up,so it may end up in some publication somewhere.

TinyBlueDot
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Congrats, Chris. Was it taken with the 400? Handheld?
Nice and sharp, and they're well posed (and CUTE...:))

cheers John

PCH
11-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow, that's a fantastic picture Chris. Those birdies are so cute.

Can you please tell us a bit about what camera, lens, settings etc were used.

Cheers,

hotspur
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes Paul,I will look up spec for you,my satilite internet keeps dropping out tonight,(or as the kids call it ****alite).

I did answer your PM paul,but it dropped out,will re answer it another time,sorry mate.Yes the image taken,with 400L and 50D,hand held, likely AV mode F8 iso 400 my usual
formula these days,and adjust comp or what needs to be adjusted.Distance to target approx 4.2 m With birds this small waste of time if your more than 6 m away-(I wonder what it would be like with the new Canon 800 L F5.6:question:) but Chris will be wondering for some time-at 14K that's a lot of little tweety bird images to sell!:rofl:

PCH
11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Haha, thanks Chris.

Hey don't stress, there's no rush for the info I spoke about via PM.

Thanks for the details re this pic - camera and settings etc. I'll have to start spending more time with nature to see if I can come up with anything remotely as good as this.

Once again, beaut pic :thumbsup:

Ric
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
That's a great photo Chris and congratulations on your win.