PDA

View Full Version here: : New Poll Functionality

iceman
01-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi guys.

I've installed 2 new plugins into the forum system to add some functionality when creating polls.

I mainly did it for the monthly photography challenge voting, but it can also be used elsewhere by anyone who creates a poll.

The 2 new plugins are:

1. Set maximum number of choices in a multiple choice poll.

Previously, if you set the poll to be multiple choice, you couldn't specify how many options the users could vote on. Now, when you set the "multiple choice" option, you can also enter the maximum number of choices that someone can choose.

For example, I can create a Multiple Choice poll with 20 options, and set a maximum of 5 choices out of that 20.

Note that you can still vote for less than the maximum, but not more. There currently is no plugin available to make them choose exactly that number.

2. Hide Poll Results while the poll is open

When creating a poll, there is additional checkbox called "Hide poll", which when checked, will not show the current results of the poll while the poll is still open. When the poll is closed, the results are shown.

You can "Edit Poll", and select/de-select this option at any time. When you edit your poll, you also have the option to close the poll at that time, or you can set a "Close in X days" when creating the poll.

Please let me know if you find any problems with it when you create or vote in a poll.