PDA

View Full Version here: : A great visit to Melbourne

Omaroo
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I've just returned from a really great trip to Melbourne. I primarily went down to see the Tutankhamun exhibition at the Melbourne Museum as well as the two ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image in Federation Square on the river) exhibitions "Screen Worlds" and "Star Voyager: Exploring Space on Screen", but was blown away by the sheer number of people in the city for the weekend.

Grand final or not, Melbourne proper was FULL of humans from side to the other, top to bottom. The cafés were full, the side streets and alley restaurants were buzzing, the river walks were chokka and the museums and art galleries were bursting. I lived there years ago but never have I seen an Australian city so full of life - it almost felt like another New York. What a great week end.

http://www.acmi.net.au/exhibitions.htm

Well worth the trip down.

Octane
04-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time!

Now, back to normality, reality and the soul-sapping daily grind, lol. :P

Catch up soon!

H

Omaroo
04-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Not for long Humayun - MAS is off to Parkes for a three day weekend at the dish this coming Friday. :thumbsup:

Liz
04-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounded a great weekend Chris. The Tutankanum Exhibition sounds good and the general absorbing of that Melbournian atmosphere.
Lived down there many years ago, but bet its changed heaps.:)

jjjnettie
04-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I've only ever been to Melbourne once before. :D Glad you had such a great trip.
And away again this weekend.
Happy to see you getting out and about Chris.