PDA

View Full Version here: : Laser Idiot Arrested

Kevnool
30-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Listening to the news today and it seems some idiot pointed a green laser at a police helicopter and they located it and alerted the ground patrol to a house in Sydney and arrested him for having a prohibited weapon and pointing it towards aircraft.

Cheers kev.

AstralTraveller
30-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, the laser is obviously brighter than him. Pointing at a police chopper. :screwy::screwy::screwy: I hope they throw the book at him!

pgc hunter
30-09-2011, 03:01 PM
The moronity of some people is truly astonishing.

tlgerdes
30-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I have seen news clips of that before, where the Police helicopter is hovering over somewhere and the laser keeps bouncing off the it, then you see 5 police cars turn up to the house. Thick!

tilbrook@rbe.ne
30-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi,
Your right about these idiots , makes it harder for the rest of us. I purchased a green laser recently and decided to do the right thing and went to the local police station.
The constable I dealt with appreciated the notification, he said I could'nt register the laser with them, at least they would know who's pointing the laser if they had any reports.

As it turns out he's interested in astronomy, and wants to bring his kids out for a look.

Cheers,

Justin.

Jaybee
30-09-2011, 11:07 PM
These morons do make it difficult for us, but it is so gratifying that he got caught, now I hope our flawed justice system doesn't just give him a slap on the hand...

ballaratdragons
01-10-2011, 12:44 AM
You mean like the Murderer who got sentenced to only 4 years last week but because of time served is elligable for parol next week!

Justice is VERY flawed. :screwy:

astronut
02-10-2011, 09:01 AM
It's a shame that these idiots persist in this dangerous pursuit.
All it will acheive, is to harden the gov'ts resolve and completely ban GLP's:(