PDA

View Full Version here: : A Public Thank you to Bert

ballaratdragons
30-09-2011, 02:02 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bert (avandonk) for his humble generosity (many of you have also been on the receiving end of Berts generosity).

Bert watched me struggle along doing 'Live' AstroVideo Broadcasting with the Samsung SCC-A2333 AstroVideo Camera for over a year, and he appreciated the effort I went to in showing the world our Southern Skies (Bert is heavily in support of Astro Outreach).

He liked what I was trying to achieve with my southern sky outreach on NSN (even whole schools watch) that he said that because I am putting in so much effort to show the world our Southern Sky 'Live' that I should do it properly.
In his own words: "You order the best there is and I will pay for it".
I ordered the best there is. The Mallincam Xtreme (MCX). :)

I have had my Xtreme for over 2 weeks now, and broadcast with it on NSN 3 times and
absolutely love it. The clarity and resolution of the 'Live' image is amazing!

I thank you Bert. A true gentleman and devoted Astronomy enthusiast
who's wish is that everyone gets to see the night sky.
Bert, I will certainly do my part :thumbsup:

To show the quality of the 'Live' video ability of the Mallincam Xtreme, here are some single frame Screen captures from my Live broadcast on NSN from last weekend.
This is exactly what you see on screen 'Live'. Not recorded, not stacked, not processed. 'Live' :)
Throw away your Eyepieces folks :lol:

jjjnettie
30-09-2011, 04:00 AM
I've been a recipient of Berts generosity as well.
He is a true gent.
What a guy. :D

ZeroID
30-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Well done to you both for your generosity and commitment in both resources and time to the Outreach programme.
Neat bunch of people on here, all of you.

CraigS
30-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree.

Both Ken and Bert add tremendous value to the observational side and the hard sciences side of this past-time.

As do many others here.

Thank you to all of them .. you are all terrific representatives and very generous spokespeople !

Cheers

FlashDrive
30-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Well done Bert ... a true asset to the Astro Community :thumbsup:

Flash

Omaroo
30-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Indeed. Another here.

Bert - well done sir.

renormalised
30-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Well done....to both of you:):)

They're a mighty fine bit of kit, those Mallincams. Rock really knows his stuff:)

Ric
30-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Two fine gentlemen indeed.

My hats off to both of you.

bojan
30-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Yes.. indeed.
Thanks to Bert (and his hand-paddle he no longer needed), my EQ-6 works again :thumbsup:

DavidU
01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Wonderful stuff Bert. I have heard of Bert's warm generosity.:thumbsup:

Astroman
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd also like to add my thanks to Bert, although I havent been doing a great deal of Astro lately, this should change soon and I should be back producing images with the 80mm refractor he kindly modified and let me use, it's been a terrific scope.

Ken, mate! well done on the purchase too that should be an awesome camera. Although the Samsung sung in it's own tune. Look forward to seeing it live one day, when I can find my password :D

dugnsuz
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Bravo to both you and Bert.
Doug