PDA

View Full Version here: : Dennis & Rob_t's Jup cds have arrived - is there a diff between newts and scts???

davidpretorius
27-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys,

i am putting this here, as i would like to try and do a comaprison of sct's and reflectors.

The videos are definately different to mine. The seeing is better (just), but the feel of the optics seems very different (ie much better and natural - 3d).

It could be I am basing my optics on current seeing in tassie, but initially, I was blown away with the actual video itself!!!

Will update as i go along.

Dave "Excited" P

PS, we will have heaps of data for Sanke Valley this weekend, so we will brain storm it and try and come to some conclusions

ving
27-02-2006, 01:18 PM
yup, dont forget to post your restults mister :)

say hi to ken for us at SV :)

Robert_T
27-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Go Dave:)

Don't forget you'll be comparing Newtonian with Dennis's SCT, but my stuff I sent you was taken with a Dall Kirkham Cassegrain (eg no corrector plate).

cheers,

davidpretorius
27-02-2006, 02:59 PM
thats ok rob, for my test, it is "dob" or "not dob".

I am hoping for nice weather on saturday night as robin will have his lx200, 8", 10", 12" dobs, bird's big bertha.

I would love to try similiar settings and powermates in the scopes and then similiar processing. Zipping around with my laptop and toucam!!