PDA

View Full Version here: : Questacon Visit

strongmanmike
04-09-2011, 10:24 PM
My wife and I got down to Canberra (for Fathers Day) on the weekend and checked out the Scientific Photography display now in place in the main foyer with my Orion Nebula shot in it :D. ...I recon it looked pretty good :thumbsup:

It's a great building

For those interested, here are a few photos (http://www.pbase.com/strongmanmike2002/gallery/questacon) from our visit

Mike

DavidTrap
04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
I saw it there recently when we passed through Canberra on the way to the snow - very impressive, as is Questacon as a whole. I'd taken some pics of your image with my phone, but had been slack about posting them.

DT

strongmanmike
04-09-2011, 10:33 PM
He he cool Dave :thumbsup:

It was a perfect day weather wise and the whole parliamentary triangle was very picturesque.

Mike

DavidTrap
04-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Glad you had great weather. It was grey, cold, bleak and depressing for our visit - can see why people leave Canberra!!

SkyViking
05-09-2011, 07:56 AM
It looks awesome Mike, congratulations :D

gary
05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Hi Mike,

I reckon it looks pretty good too! They have done a very impressive job of displaying it
and you have every reason to be proud. :thumbsup:

With large numbers of visitors annually, Questacon is a great venue for displaying
some of the very best imagery from Australian astronomy enthusiasts.

Poita
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
My kids love Questacon, and if you live in a Rural area, you can get a discounted family year pass from the Powerhouse Museum that gives free entry to both for a year. Great value.

strongmanmike
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Cheers Rolo, it was more exciting than I antisipated, along with the other shots the overall effect of the display was quite spectacular and beautiful.

Thanks Gary :)

Questacon gets nearly 1/2 million visitors a year. Being located prominently along the walkway just prior to entering the first gallery, this display is the first bit of info and display material every visitor walks past, after buying their ticket....so just about every one of those 500 000 visitors is likely to see it and learn something about our dark art :D

Mike