PDA

View Full Version here: : NEQ6 Pro polar alignment red light

Carlz
28-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi all,

I have just recently purchased an NEQ6 pro mount. Anyway, when polar aligning, when i switch the scope on to see the image through the alignment, it is a blinding red. Its so bad that it kills the eyesight. I had a look through Andrew's (Zincberg) one and its only a nice dull red. Does anyone know how to adjust the brightness of the red light? i just need to dim it a little, enough to see the image AND the stars. Nothing in the manual, and have done a bit of a search on the net and nothing either.

Carly

bartman
28-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Carly,
When I was pulling apart my mount to re-grease I found my little light there. This was to my amazement cause I never saw any light when looking through the polar scope.
Anyway had a look through the many menus of the hand set and found a setting where you can adjust the brightness.
Turned it up and hey presto, it was there. In your case it would be turning it down.
mmmmm now I cant seem to find it on my handset...???????
strange.....
If I find it I will let you know
Bartman

BPO
28-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Carly. If you have a v2 internal mount control board, and v3.25 (or later) firmware loaded on your handcontroller, you can adjust the brightness of the PA scope LED from the menus, as explained by bartman.