PDA

View Full Version here: : Is my Telrad out of wack ?

Rayw
26-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi all,
after looking at a link from the previous thread which showed how a Telrad worked, I noticed how sharp the projected circles were, but mine are not,to try and explain what I am seeing....... if you drew a line through the middle of my Telrad circle, on the left half you would see what looks like 3/4 lines on top of one another on the inside, and 3/4 lines on the right hand side but on the outside, so it looks like a circle tilted !! make sense ?:eyepop: :)

Ray

mikerr
27-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Ray, it might be worth re posting this in "Equipment Discussions". It could get overlooked here and I am sure some one will be able to help with the problem. The answer would be of interest to many others as well.

Also, was it always like this or has it changed since first trying it out?

Michael

RB
27-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I've moved the thread to the "Equipment Discussion" section.

:)

Rayw
27-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks Andrew :thumbsup:

Rayw
27-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes it has always looked this way, :shrug:

Ray.

vanwonky
27-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi Ray,
Mine is sharp as it should be. Have you taken the battery cover off and had a look at the LED (projector I guess it is :shrug:). That also looks sharp in mine. Maybe worth a look but it sounds like some misalignment of the optics. Get a hammer and a piece of wood and... ;)
Cheers
Dave

wavelandscott
27-08-2011, 09:35 PM
If you bought it new I'd contact the shop you bought it from.

It should be sharp.

Rayw
28-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone, I am going to send it back to the supplier and get a replacement,
Cheers
Ray.

vanwonky
29-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Ray - silly question maybe but were you wearing glasses (if you do) whilst looking through the Telrad? I did for the first time last night and saw double circles but fine without.

Rayw
29-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Not a silly question, I do wear glasses but not for viewing through the eye piece , so I did give the Telrad a try with glasses on , but it hardly made a difference ?? , thanks for the thought :thumbsup:

Ray.