PDA

View Full Version here: : Takahashi owners and repairs

Exfso
25-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Just a heads up, the Australian distributor has recommended an Australian company to do repairs, collimation etc on Takahashi telescopes. As I had issues with my 130, I decided to give them a go. What a mistake, they claim they can collimate these telescopes, and after 2 attempts and a LOT of dollars, the telescope remains as bad if not worse than it was before they touched it. They have basically given up and now say that it is the fault of Takahashi selling refractors with faulty lens cells, what a load of codswallop. I am not naming the company for obvious reasons, but if any one wants to know who they are, by all means PM me. I just dont want anyone else to get caught like I did.
I will be referring my problem to Consumer Affairs for their take on the matter.
Just for information, the attached star test shows how it came back to me. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Dennis
25-08-2011, 04:57 PM
That is very bad news indeed Peter – I am sorry to hear of your troubles and the appalling service you have received. I hope you can get it rectified to your satisfaction; no one should have to live through this kind of nightmare.:(

Thanks for the head up and good luck.:thumbsup:

Cheers

Dennis

asimov
25-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I thought they had this sorted for you long ago Pete! Apparently not..Sorry to hear it.

Lester
25-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Peter, you have had your run of "black cat" luck in the past number of years, surely it can only improve. Hope this is fixed pronto for you. All the best.

Exfso
25-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks people, yeah it is a real Head "you know what", I am now communicating with Takashi America with the view of doing it myself, apparently it is quite complicated on these scopes as the back 2 elements need to be collimated independently of the front element, that is why there are 2 sets of collimating screws. One thing is for sure, I cant do any worse than has been done.

RB
25-08-2011, 06:52 PM
You're a brave man Peter.
Good luck with it.

Exfso
29-08-2011, 05:00 PM
I have now referred this to the NSW Office of Fair trading following non response to several emails to the company concerned. That might stir them up a bit.

Paul Haese
29-08-2011, 05:24 PM
That is not collimated. I take it Pete you have checked this by eye with a eyepiece in place? I think you said you had done this, but worth checking all the same.

In any case I will not use that company, Why doesn't the Australian distributor do collimation of Tak scopes? Surely if you sell the product you get someone to do the course in Japan and provide a quality service. Just an observation. I know what the real deal is of course.

Exfso
29-08-2011, 06:04 PM
I sure did Paul, that is why I decided to get an image so I could send to the company concerned. I agree 100% with what you are saying about the Aust distributor.