PDA

View Full Version here: : IIS slow page loading

leon
17-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi Guys, s it just my computer, or are others having very slow page loading on IIS.

Everything else is fine, but when i open a post or thread it takes for ever to come up, this has just occurred recently.

Same with sending a post or new thread, have others experienced this of late.

Thanks, Leon :thumbsup:

ZeroID
17-08-2011, 09:56 AM
It's not just you Leon. I've had slow page loads as well. Seems intermittent and I haven't spotted any time patterns either.

leon
17-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks Brent, maybe it is not just my machine, maybe some one could shed some light on this one.

Leon

leon
27-08-2011, 12:52 PM
OK, maybe someone would be able to assist, seeing the Mods moved this thread no one even notices it is here.

I was hoping for a response from someone, as this slow page loading is driving me crazy, and I have to say it is not my machine, as IIS is the only site where it happens.

Any ideas guys.

Leon

OICURMT
27-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Leon:

I generally don't have any issues with loading IIS pages. I do notice though that the menu system gets slow when I have too many IIS tabs opened in FireFox, especially the "Quick Links" menu.

If you can tell me what browser you are using, I may be able to help you in "optimizing" your experience.

OIC!

asimov
27-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I have 3 browsers loaded (but not running together of course) & if I'm having trouble with a site, I simply find out if it's a browser or a site problem by using another browser. I'm one step closer then to figuring out the problem.

leon
27-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Many thanks guys well at least that is a start in the right direction.

Browser you say, I use Seamonky, seems to work quite well.

Leon

RB
27-08-2011, 02:37 PM
The thread's had 221 views so far Leon and it is referring to IIS specifically so it does belong in the IIS feedback section.

:)

iceman
27-08-2011, 03:18 PM
If it was happening to many more people, you'd get many more responses, Leon.

I can only suggest it's something at your end.

I have no idea what Seamonkey is. Try firefox or chrome - much faster than IE or any other browser.

OICURMT
27-08-2011, 03:38 PM
oooooooooookkkkkkeee-dokey... SeaMonkey uses the Mozilla engine (same as FireFox) so I'm going to ask a few questions and we will see where it takes us...

Let's break the problem down into sections... I'm using FireFox, so SeaMonkey may be a little different. However, I've noticed that Mozilla products tend to standardize the interface. Note that some of your menus may be a little different, so hunt around.

If we can't actually solve the problem, I'll install SeaMonkey and have a play... so here goes.

OIC!

leon
29-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Many thanks for the help, all seems fine again and the pages load like lightning, hope it all lasts.

Leon

Alchemy
29-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Mines been somewhat slow.... And it's not on other sites, it seems to freeze for 10-15 secs then on as normal.
I'm using an iPad so not much I can do with the browser.
Not hhe end of the world though

OICURMT
29-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Mind if I ask what you you did?

leon
29-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Now that is a good question, I am not the flash when it comes to this sort of thing so I decided to have a look at what you described, not that I understood much of it.

So i proceed to fiddle with all the options and see what they said, i changed a few things, and then it all got worse.

Then I decided to restore the machine back to an earlier date when i kew it was working OK, well taht did not work either.

Then I decided to re/download Sea Monkey again over the top of the original, that did not work to well either, so i turned the bloody thing off, and when it restarted all was fine again, so buggered if i know what i did. LOL.

Leon

OICURMT
29-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Gremlins... little buggers get into everything ... :)

leon
30-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Yea mate, i do think it was one of those little mongrels, we will see haow it goes over the next few days.

At least this morning it is still doing what it is supposed to.

leon