PDA

View Full Version here: : Just an up-date from N.T.

leon
15-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys, well so far we have spent 8 weeks in the Northern Territory, and expect to stay a while longer.

It is such a great place to be, very lay back, and the people here are very friendly and helpful, the scenery and water ways are just stunning. :eyepop:

We have seen lots, but there is still lots to explore, which we will do as the weeks pass by. ;) we can see why so many come to visit and never leave, it is just that type of place.

The night time markets every Sunday and Thursday along Mindil Beach are just awesome, thousands get there, and there is so much to do and be entertained

You know when your in the N.T. when you see a bloke in singlet top and shorts, cruising along the high way on a Harley Davidson, wearing thongs. :eyepop: :lol: :lol:

Anyway just thought i would check in so to speak, and post a couple of pic's :)

In order, 2. from last night Sunset at Nightcliff, 1. from the Moon setting across the water yesterday 6.40 am, Nightcliff jetty at dawn, and few from the Darwin water front, and wave lagoon

We are camped on a flight path near the Air Port, hence a shot of a plane, plus a foggy early scene from our camp

Hope you like them.

Leon and Alice :thumbsup:

Paddy
15-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Leon,

Your post and photos bring back a lot of memories of our around Australia journey about 20 years ago. There was something very magical about the Mindil market by setting sun on a balmy evening. Great to hear that you're having such a good time.

leon
15-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks Patrick, yep it certainly is a special place, and one could spend every evening sitting on the grass and whtch the Sun go down, and all the different things see and do, Love it.

Leon

renormalised
15-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice piccies, Leon. I like the sunsets and moonrise:)

Exfso
15-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Nice shots Leon, btw it is Nightcliff mate. I lived there for 12 years, it really is a great place to be, you either love it or loath it. When the buildup starts, it is extremely uncomfortable.

leon
15-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Opp's so it is Peter, will fix that right now, thanks mate, yea, I'm wondering about this build up thing that everyone talks about, however I would love to experience a wet season, just because I can !!

Leon

Groboz
15-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome to my backyard Leon.:hi:

I reckon the build-up is only a month away so only a few months of reliable viewing left before the mozzies and clouds move in. I've been here almost 30 years now so probably take the sunsets for granted. Save a lot of money on clothing, no suits and only 1 tie in my wardrobe.:) I also live in Nightcliff, near the high school so know the foreshore well. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

leon
15-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Well there you go Gino, did wonder how many IIS's were in the area, if any.
Astro stuff seems pretty hit and miss up here dosen't it, especially with the smoke lingering around for ever.

Leon

Cosmic
15-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Geez I could agree with you anymore there, im hoping its not an early wet tho. Coming from Perth 8 years ago transferred with the Army, but out now ....im not going anywhere, like you said Leon the people here are great and theirs heaps of touristy things to do. The NT really dose grow on you, and traveling to dark sites is only 10mins up the road from Palmerston :)

Hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Dan

Jen
15-08-2011, 10:24 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: nice pics Leon :thumbsup: its great to hear you are having a lovely time as well as keeping in touch with us :)

Liz
18-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Nice piccies Leon, yes, I am back. :)

Leon shouted me a very nice iced coffee in darwin lsat week, when we caught up for a chat. Nice to catch up with another IISer. :D