PDA

View Full Version here: : New Andrews Info!

ballaratdragons
10-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Hi all,

Just got this email from Lee Andrews tonight. I will cut & paste it for you.

___________________________________ ___________
<b>Hi Ken,

Okay, we have finally decided to fix the price at $1149 for the 12" GS Deluxe version Dobsonian. This model has a BK7 primary mirror, cooling fan, 8 x 50 finderscope and four 1.25" Plossls included.

Would you be kind enough to alter the notice about this model on the forum, please, Ken?

The GS Limited 12" version is unchanged at $899!

There will be some other good longer-term telescope specials for the 'Ice In Space Forum' members prior to the next AS & T magazine being published.

Regards,
Lee. </b>
___________________________________ ____________

A cooling fan, cool.

thomo
10-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Maybe you should invite him to post his specials directly on here. Free advertising and increased business for him at a special discount for Ice in Space members. Sounds good to me! :D

ballaratdragons
10-02-2005, 12:09 AM
I think he reads this forum.

StarGazer
10-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Does this offer replace the original one??

GS Deluxe Version 12" Dobsonian with:

- BK7 optical grade Glass
- Crayford Focuser fitted
- 4 Plossl EP's
- Moon Filter
- Bonus 10 x 32 Binoculars

TOTAL - $999

or is it a seperate one altogether?? :confused:

I hope the first is still one as I had the missus talking into it and was going to order it tomorrow.

gaa_ian
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Hmmm ...Very tempting

Starkler
10-02-2005, 07:42 AM
This is an issue for moderators to discuss I think.
Most forums dont allow this as they dont want public bun fights between competing dealers, or between members and dealers.

iceman
10-02-2005, 08:07 AM
I agree, it's something I was going to bring up today. Will email you guys later.

Striker
10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah it sounds good in theory for lee to advertise but its just going to open another bigger jar of worms...Lee is better off getting the information to a member or admin of these forums who then can make the decission of what to post.....otherwise their will be dealer's fighting it out on our forums...

Specials posted by a member or admin is a better way to go.....

ving
10-02-2005, 09:19 AM
w00t!
we are getting specials?:eyepop:

ballaratdragons
10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi all,

Lee read the above and sent this:
___________________________________ _______
Hi Ken,
The $1149 12" Deluxe GS offer replaces the $999 offer. The 2" SV eyepieces are still $99 each. I saw a few comments on the forum so I thought I should reply to correct things.

I should also tell you to tell the members that we are continuing with our "Bonus binoculars (that's either 10 x 32 or 12 x 32 [customer's choice], they're good quality and they sell for $99+ in the city...although our price separately is $49 for them)...and Moon filter with every new telescope sold.

Regards,
Lee.
___________________________________ _______

In other words. it comes with everything!

Easiest way to ask questions is to ring him.

thomo
10-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I can see that happening. A separate forum for dealers to post specials and answer questions could solve the problem a bit. Perhaps even a separate forum for each dealer that has been authorised to post on here by Iceman.

ving
10-02-2005, 12:05 PM
as much as it would benefit us forums users i'd rather not have shops advertising... it's just a personal preference not having any problems with andrews myself (its where i shop).

just my 2c worth

ballaratdragons
10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I have PM'd Mike about this. I believe it is starting to sound too much an advertising forum.

My fault . . . . . . sorry all.

(tis a good deal though) nuff said.

iceman
10-02-2005, 12:18 PM
I've discussed it with Ken and have emailed Lee and the moderators. There'll be a solution to it in the next day or so.. Will post more when it's all confirmed.

Just closing this thread now. Thanks.