PDA

View Full Version here: : Astrotrac

taxman
30-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Just paid the manufacturer for an Astrotrac - should be sent next week sometime. Hopefully to get here by Friday, but more likely the week after next.

Bit of umming and ahhing over this one as I have been getting the urge back but don't want to go back down the path of autoguiding, cooled camera etc. It wasn't really for me.

At least I didn't sell my Canon 200mm f2.8 prime last go around.

But then again, given my history, maybe in October there'll be a three month old Astrotrac in the classifieds :rofl:

RickS
30-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I hope it's a keeper, Matt :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Rick.

barx1963
30-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Will be very interested to hear how it goes Matt. Have been considering one of these as a possibility. I assume it is the garden variety one not the one with a guide port?

Malcolm

taxman
31-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks Rick - I should never have sold that P2Z to some lucky bugger eh? :P

And I couldn't find anywhere that still had the non auto-guiding version, which is how I ended up speaking with Richard Taylor. He is a pretty good guy, but he must be busy or something - the only way I'd get an email reply was to ask if I could pay him money. He's happy to chat on the phone though.

I'll let you know how I go when it gets here Malcolm. Still mulling over polar alignment in the suburbs, but I have a couple of ideas to try out.