PDA

View Full Version here: : Star in the sky over Antarctica - can someone identify it for me?

willcoverting
29-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey ladies and gentlemen,

Can someone tell me what this star is and why it does not move?

http://www.awi.de/NM_WebCam/livemovieT.html

If you skip through to frames 98 through to 105 - it's visible, then disappears. It's not a light, it's a star or something - but I'd like to know specifically, what it is.

Thank you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

willcoverting
29-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Sorry, I should say it's just to the left of the Neumayar Station itself...

Terry B
29-07-2011, 03:48 PM
It's not a star as it doesn't move with the other stars. ?plane coming straight at the camera and turning out of the image between exposures.
?hot pixel.

willcoverting
29-07-2011, 03:49 PM
It's there over the last few weeks of seeing it... it does not move, and as it gets darker, it appears to gain things to the side of it (lens flare?).

It's very strange... but it can't be a plane as it would not be seen over various days.

[1ponders]
29-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Is it a light attached to the antennae that is there?

willcoverting
29-07-2011, 04:00 PM
No, because it does not show up all the time - plus it seems off-centre to the antenna.

[1ponders]
29-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't think its a star or a stationary satellite or anything like that. I wonder if its a light in the distance? :shrug:

ngcles
30-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Hi Will,

Recent video from this station has been cited in some places on the internet as being evidence in favour of the existence of Nibiru (not that particular object you are referring to though).

See here for one:

http://www.domasjefferson.com/news/unbelievable-events-in-antarctica

The person who comments on the video at this site is quite obviously a jibbering idiot of the highest order (without putting too fine a point on it).

I really don't know what the object you are referring to is. It is not a "star" but if it isn't an artefact in the image, I'd say it is a reflection of light from the station of some sort, on something that is holding up the antenna pole or attached to the top, but it too small to be shown by the camera itself unless illuminated.

There is a streak of light from the station that points virtually at that pole so light is heading that way. The obvious conclusion in the absence of evidence to the contrary is a probable reflection or a hot pixel or something mundane. It is in many frames of the video at this site at exactly the same spot.

It has no diurnal motion like the fixed stars so it is not a star, planet or other distant object that would be made to appear to move by Earth's rotation. The Earth's rotation would show diurnal motion were it so. So if real, it is close at hand (ie less than a few Km distant, if not a couple of hundred metres.

Best,

Les D

P.S Same guy maintaining the site above also makes excellent videos of lens flares and internal reflections of the Moon showing what he purports to be Nibiru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joltzQq4B9k

Laugh-a-minute stuff!

bartman
30-07-2011, 03:48 AM
:rofl:I couldn't even watch it for more than a minute before I started laughing!!!!!!
More like " Laugh-a-Second" stuff:lol:
Bartman
P.S. As for my non professional opinion on the 'star' ; dito to a hot pixel, light atop an antenna or........ a station worker hot tailing it back to base in a 'straight' line after a few bevvies at a neighboring camp:drink::cheers::thumbsup::cold:
Bartman

space oddity
30-07-2011, 10:42 AM
The men in white suits are to lock the narrator up! Maybe,the white suits are because it is just a wee bit cold down in Antarctica. The guy is as insane as those who still believe all the global warming crap.

GrahamL
31-07-2011, 07:00 PM
The artifact to the left is easy to see,, but it dissapears with the changing angles of light it seems , but is clearly visible through the
lapsed differant times , so is the one high to the far right but it fades out
with the dark night so no one notices it.

Great read about this station , and thanks fer the heads up on reading
all about it ,,, but seriously the snow plough and its lights being put away for the evening is a bit of a stretch to be considered as anything else than what it likely really is .