PDA

View Full Version here: : "Cowboys & Aliens" - looks like fun! :)

Omaroo
27-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Wow - I've always been a sucker for Westerns - Stagecoach, The Searchers, Unforgiven... you name 'em I'll watch them. I guess this is why I still lament the passing of Firefly and the Serenity movies that gave us a rather more modern western.

Well... here's one that I think looks pretty good - due out August 18th

Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde (Tron - and hubba-bubba), Ron Howard, Steven Spielberg and the dusty Old West in... "Cowboys & Aliens"! :D

Can't wait! :thumbsup: Looks like a fun couple of hours escaping reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P554E3JRK2U&feature=youtu.be

renormalised
27-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Yep, heard about this one coming out awhile back. Looks a beauty!!!.

TrevorW
27-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Looking forward to this

multiweb
27-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Saw that trailer the other night when I went to see transformers. Looked pretty cool. There's a good batch of movies coming up. Tomorrow Captain America, then The green Lantern early August and also the new planet of the apes. :thumbsup:

Omaroo
27-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Yep - all must-see's I reckon - especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Barrykgerdes
27-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I love westerns but I can't stand that planet of the apes series.

Barry

Omaroo
27-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm with you there Barry - the TV series with Roddy McDowell was Roddy awful. The movies are somewhat different though. The original starring Charlton Heston is classic scifi and the more recent version with Dirk Diggler wasn't too bad either.

multiweb
27-07-2011, 05:53 PM
That new movie looks insane. The CG totally blends with the rest. The facial expressions are really subtle now. It's come such a long way.

Ric
29-07-2011, 10:43 AM
What a great looking movie, that will definitely be one to watch.

telemarker
29-07-2011, 06:08 PM
:lol::lol: Dirk Diggler :lol::lol:

I've been waiting for Cowboys and Aliens for ages. Its almost here:cool:

AdrianF
30-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Just watched the trailer looks good might even go to the movies when it gets here next year. Roma is pretty slow getting new release movies.

Adrian

BPO
30-07-2011, 07:30 AM
That looks as if it could be fun, but...why not use an American actor to portray an American character? Don't get me wrong, I thing Daniel Craig is good, but he's very English. It's distracting when an actor's fake accent slips (and it always does at some point). With Hollywood packed to the gills with good American actors, and in fact with America now little more than one gigantic celebrity-seeking culture, why use foreign actors in American roles?

Jules76
30-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Been looking forward to this ever since I first heard of it, and especially because it has Harrison Ford in it. I've been a big fan of his mostly due to his roles in Blade Runner and particulary Indiana Jones. Great actor. :thumbsup:

goober
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Damn that Le Chiffre ....

ballaratdragons
02-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm looking forward to this one.

I had a thought of a funny movie about 20 years ago, 'imagine if Aliens landed in the old west' LOL!

and now, here it is :lol:

and I'm looking for to Planet of the Apes too. The Prequel :thumbsup:

rider
04-08-2011, 08:07 AM
"The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist."

The gamers among you must have had the "its a PIPBOY!" thought.

multiweb
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Going to see this one next. Harison Ford + Steven Spielberg. There's gotta be some good quirky humour in there. :) Steven Spielberg looks like he's making a come back lately being involved in a lot of movies. He was in the latest Transformers and it shows in the character development. What ever he touches turn in gold. Not taking anything away from JJ Abrams who's a legend. Next Startrek early next year apparently.

Omaroo
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
And the ONE I'm most looking forward to... Spielberg & Jackson recreation of "Adventures of Tintin - Secret of the Unicorn":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38EsaX_QTY

I grew up reading the whole Tintin series front to back twenty times a month for years.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!! :D I really hope that they do a few more in the series too - namely next being "Red Rackham's Treasure" to complete the double. If they then do "Destination Moon" and "Explorers on the Moon" I'll be a very happy chap.

renormalised
04-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I'd like to see them do a proper (non animated) movie of Dr Strange. Always liked that particular comic and I think the SFX for that one would be spectacular. Just so long as the storyline and acting is up to par.

multiweb
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm a Tintin tragic too. I have the whole collection and even some old WWII books from the early 40s passed by my grand father. At the time Tintin cartoon strips used to be printed on the underside of chocolate wrappings in Belgium and across Europe, not unlike the daily dilbert. My brother's got a couple of those too. I think I have the whole collection of Tintin still. In the 70s they did a Tintin movie where they mixed animated drawings shot against realistic backgrounds. I remember being blown away by it as a kid at the movies. The CG in this latest version is indeed very good. Also good to see names like Peter Jackson involved in the project.

goober
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Hmm, had no idea about this. That looked interesting... thought I saw a bit of Crab With The Golden Claws in there too!

Liz
15-09-2011, 05:23 PM
What the!! No comments, did anyone go and see it?

I had some time to fill in today so decided to check it out. Not great reviews ... poor Daniel and Harrison, so wasnt expecting anything much at all.

Well ..... I loved it. :D Good old western with aliens being naughty and the hero in to save the day. Was very pleasantly surprised. Had a few giggles, and a few tears. Daniel was mighty fine indeed. ;) :thumbsup:

multiweb
15-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Seen it last night. Very last session with a mate and my boy. Whole cinema to ourselves. Loved it. :thumbsup:

Omaroo
15-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I watched it recently Liz, and found it to be good old-fashioned root'n toot'n fun. :)

TrevorW
15-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah me too