PDA

View Full Version here: : televue NP 101

galaxy
21-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Got a Televue NP 101 a couple of months back. The internal black coating has started debonding. Televue says its due to humidity and wont spread. Has any one faced this before?

gb_astro
21-07-2011, 08:30 PM
It has happened so why will it not continue to happen?
Considering the price of the NP101 I would definitely not be happy.

gb.

Waxing_Gibbous
21-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Televue talk a lot of crap sometimes.
Every so often someone (usually on CN) posts some preposterous response by TV to a compalint or query.

As 'gb' intimates your problem is likely to continue.
If you bought it new, get them to fix it.
I'm sure TV owners in Georgia, Louisina or Florida wouldn't hold with that excuse.

PlanetMan
22-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Yep - heard of this problem a few times before - this is something that occasionally crops up with TV scopes and unsurprisingly TV naturally deny it. Anyhow, if you bought it new and thus under warranty get them to fix it - however - unfortunately - it is akin to the old expression - a stitch in time saves nine - it will gradually get worse if not attended to.

casstony
22-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I wonder if Televue could commission Bintel to fix the scope to avoid overseas shipping?

Fox
23-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't be happy at all. My Genesis is perfect, my NP127 shows a little separation but not enough to worry over, touch wood. Can you take a picture and show us, an yeah I'd get onto it under warranty if you got it new.

hotspur
23-07-2011, 11:41 AM
There was a fella,on the forum a while ago from Sydney area,that had that scope and had very similar issue-it bubbled up on the inside,as if it had been near a fire.I will go through my PM's and may be you could contact him-I forget who it was of the top of my head.A real shame these refractors a said to be the 'Don' of refractors-but I have heard a few similar issues in the past with these and similar TV scopes.

There is a chap selling a Jap made Vixen ED 103 apo in the classifieds,worth a look-its a magic scope-similar to a 102 Tak.

pluck
03-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Utter rubbish. Get them to fix or replace it and make lots of noise until they do. There's no way you spend that amount of money to find a clause that says 'internal coating may de-bond due to humidity'.

Good luck.

galaxy
24-10-2012, 08:00 AM
yes its all fixed up by televue under warranty in sept 2011.
:)

issdaol
24-10-2012, 09:50 PM
At one stage I was considering NP101 as a grab-n-go scope.

Then I saw some posts on CN with pictures of this "debonding". So did not proceed.

I am still looking for a grab-n-go scope so will probably just settle on the Tak TSA102 or 120 or the Japanese Vixen ED 103.

issdaol
24-10-2012, 09:57 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I was looking to find the Add for the Vixen ED 103 in the Classifieds. Went backward and forwards still could not find it.

Then went back to this post and noticed it was in August not Today :doh: