PDA

View Full Version here: : IPhone/IPad Software Update.

xstream
20-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Software Update ver: 4.3.4 for IPhone and IPad is now available for d/load.

Omaroo
20-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks John - all devices done without issue.

A big week for Apple users - Lion hits tomorrow I believe, & iOS 5 in a few weeks.

xstream
20-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Lion should be a great upgrade from Leopard.

Omaroo
20-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Can't wait for MultiTouch and Launchpad. I bought the trackpad for my 27" iMac today in anticipation.... :thumbsup:

spacezebra
20-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Yup, my MacBook pro and Ipad are very happy now.

Cheers Petra d.

Omaroo
20-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Lion just hit the Mac App Store an hour or so ago. Have you already upgraded Petra? :confused2:

EDIT: Actually, I think that only Lion Server has hit the Australian store so far - not the base OS. Hopefully tonight.... :) Yay!

Edit #2: Downloading OSX Lion @11:13pm - 3.75Gb. It's coming down reasonably quickly too.

Octane
21-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Awesome! Going to download overnight.

H

spacezebra
21-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Oops Chris - I meant to say: Ipad updated and very happy, Macbook Pro will be very happy soon.

Cheers Petra d.

Omaroo
21-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Installing Lion on my two home office machines - my 27" iMac and new Mac Mini. Been going for 20 mins so far, with an indicated 10 to go.

Can't wait... :)

Omaroo
21-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow :)

Very cool indeed. "Natural" scrolling is a bit different though... you swipe up to go down. Your gesture direction is relevant to the content rather than the scroll bar. It's a bit weird at first after decades of doing it the old way, but given that it's now similar in behaviour to the iPad/Phone scrolling I'll persist and get used to it.

Love the Launchpad, still trying to find how to move applications from one desktop to another like you did in Spaces. Three-finger swiping between desktops is fabulous though. The new Mail app is outrageously better.

Golly - it's a whole new world. There goes the afternoon... :)

Octane
21-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Bring up Mission Control (three finger swipe) then drag your application to a space. To create a new space, move mouse to top right and a little slide out will appear to create a new space. :)

Installed this morning before work. Loving it!

H

Omaroo
21-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I have another Lion-specific thread going now :)

No, what I'm referring to is being able to list my spaces, (yes, now in M/C), pick and steal an app running in one space and move it from that space to another, in addition to an app already running in the target space.

For example, on desktop 2, I have TextEdit running with information I now want to see next to an application I'm running on desktop 4. On the old OS you simply showed your spaces, and click-select/dragged an app by its minimised self to a new space.

EDIT: OK - got it... you launch M/C and choose a new desktop. Start the nested app on that desktop and 3-finger swipe again. It shows it minimised in the new "current" desktop at the bottom as a floating layer, which you can then re-drag to whatever desktop you want. A bit different, but nice once you get the gist.

Steffen
21-07-2011, 12:23 PM
You can also hold the app down (by click-holding its titlebar) and then selecting another space with CTRL-<space number>. This works just like before.

Cheers
Steffen.