PDA

View Full Version here: : Gemini & GCC

multiweb
18-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Is there a way to bump a G11 in RA or DEC by a chosen offset let's say I want to move 30' N from my current pointing position. Whether it is throught the GCC or the hand paddle. I know you can type an explicit RA/DEC absolute position but is there an easy way do a relative jump? :question:

Barrykgerdes
18-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I can do it with the Gemini control program I wrote but as it is written in Qbasic I imagine it is to "passe" for most.

Barry

multiweb
18-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Cool - Is it in the D.Groelich's doc? Got a page number in the latest PDF? I'll do some reading. I found the absolute address but nothing about adding or subtracting X' or X" from known coordinates. I must be missing something real simple (stupid). :P

Barrykgerdes
18-07-2011, 02:22 PM
No
Nothing as exotic as that.
I used the arrow keys to send a goto to the telescope with the selected increment.

I am going to use a similar idea to control the HEQ5 synscan slewing with the arrow keys. Its only useful control functions available are read the coords, goto coords, slew speed and read the version

Barry

Geoff45
21-07-2011, 12:30 PM
If your scope is hooked up to MaximDL, you can use the "nudge" control to move a specified amount N, S, E, W or NW, NE,....
Geoff

multiweb
21-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks Geoff. I didn't think about that. Maybe PHD can do it too?