PDA

View Full Version here: : XML parsing Error Some Help Please

leon
15-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Hi Guys, could some one please explain what this is and how one could fix the problem.

Now I'm not real flash at this sort of stuff, so plain English would be real good. ;)

The problem being that this error comes up each time i wish to access my Hot Mail account

XML : parsing Error. not well formed. Then it goes on about lines and columns and all the normal computer stuff, I haven't the slightest idea of how to fix this. :shrug:

Many thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Leon :thumbsup:

Octane
15-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Hrm, does this happen in Internet Explorer? Have you tried Firefox?

Have you tried disabling your firewall/antivirus for a moment and then trying to access the site? Sometimes those protective applications can wrongfully get in between you and the Internet!

H

SkyViking
15-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Is it when you click the Login button, or can you not access the hotmail website at all?
If the latter then how are you accessing the hotmail account - are you using a bookmark for example? Have you tried typing the address directly as "www.hotmail.com"?

leon
15-07-2011, 04:31 PM
H, I don't have either, I use Sea Monkey, and also don't use anti virus other than Microsoft Essentials.

And Rolf that is correct, i get nothing going through the normal procedures, however I have Mozilla Firefox on my desk top.

I goggled it up and it downloaded the latest version. but that is limited as well.

I click on that, and when the window comes up, I type in Hot mail.com, it gives me options, i go through the list and use the Hot Mail log in one, then a whole lot of pages come up, i go through that page and find sign in, it then opens OK for me.

From there i can access my in box, but that is it, i cant reply, copy, send whatever. i can only see what is in the box and read it.

If i want to reply, it just disappears, and i have to go through the whole process again.:shrug:

I bet this has got you guys thinking, because I'm buggered :)

I'm not overly fussed, it is just a pain in the arse.:sadeyes:

Leon :thumbsup:

gary
15-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Leon,

Please see here -
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=539413

Specifically, the very last post in that thread where the user edited an entry
via about:config

In other words, where you normally type the URL, type about:config then press enter.
Then right click on general.useragent.extra.seamonkey and change its value to
"Firefox" as suggested. Restart the browser.

leon
15-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, Thanks Gary i will give that a shot.

Leon