PDA

View Full Version here: : visit to Bintel in Sydney

ColHut
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I happened to be in Sydney for a few days and got the chance to slip down to the Bintel shop in Glebe for an hour or so before I flew out. I have done business with them online before but it was nice to vist the shop and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly in providing advice and getting a mount out of a box to show me that they did not have on display. Most enjoyable.

I only wish I lived closer!

regards

PeterM
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Did the same last month while in Sydney for a band re-union. Mind you I have known most of them for nearly 25 years and had several, ok, a lot of drinks with them. They are a great bunch of people whom I value as friends. Mike the Viking showed me some videos of his new favourite Aussie band (no not ZZ Top, they are USA anyway) The Beards... look them up on YouTube they only sing about beards... "if you don't have a beard ya got two mums"
PeterM.

midnight
02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I dropped in there last week for the 1st time on a quick trip over East and me and my brother-in-law spent about an hour talking to Mike and it was most enjoyable. They were more than happy to open a box to show everything that comes with it (we were looking at a 80mm Black diamond OTA).

It's actually great to visit a shop and have the time to physically see what you can buy and get all sorts of ideas..

Problem was we spent so much time there, found out my flight back to Perth was only 2hrs away and had to quickly buy some items and get to the airport!!

A very nice shop and friendly staff.

Darrin...

HCR32
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I lived in Sydney for a few years and drop into the shop a few times here and there. Sometimes every week! They are a great bunch of guys and the moment that I will always remember was when Don set up a PST out on the street put a 15 mm TV ep into it and we sat there looking at the sun.

Thanks Don.

Waxing_Gibbous
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I try to get to the Melbourne branch on a Saturday afternoon around 4pm.
Then just hang around hmmnning and ahhing over stuff until I get a discount on something.

Ooops.
That's not gonna work anymore.
Forget I said that.