PDA

View Full Version here: : Ccd comander

allan gould
20-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Has anyone used ccd Comander to control scope, dome, focusers and CCDSoft etc to automate the gathering of data perhaps for supernova patrols?
If so I'd be extremely grateful to hear and any comments on it's effectiveness.

pluck
27-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Hi Allan,

I used CCD Commander to run a SN survey some years ago with great success (ie, discovered 11 SNe). I used it to managed an entire dusk until dawn session, including weather monitoring, dome control and start-up / shut-down procedures (I actually helped Matt Thomas test the dome / weather monitoring features of CCD Commander during his early development work).

I still use it today both professionally and at home to drive the mundane tasks (start-up / shut-down) for a couple of facilities and can vouch for it as a very reliable and easy to use tool. There's very little wanting in the current release, and I'm sure you can still 'try before you buy'.

Matt is a very nice guy to deal with too - so there is very good product support.

There's a yahoo group with more info that might help.

Good luck,

Paul

allan gould
27-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Paul
Thanks for that. From what I have read it seems and excellent piece of software and in comparison to other software is ridiculously lowly priced. I shall be purchasing it and trialling it for my Sn patrols.
Thanks again for replying as it's much appreciated.
Allan