PDA

View Full Version here: : Teleskop Service adapters

casstony
11-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know where to buy TS adapters apart from getting them from Germany?

I'm after their SC to M48 adapter (TSROTSC-M48) but shipping from Germany is 40 euros/55 dollars. I figure it's made in China anyway and should be able to be sourced from somewhere else. Baader doesn't seem to sell the same part.

marki
11-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Used to be able to get them from APM america but I think they are no longer in business. Why not get them from the teleskop service? I have delt with these guys on several occassions with no problems what so ever. Just send them an email and they will give you their paypal address and details. All items usually turn up within 7 days.

Mark

casstony
11-06-2011, 02:13 PM
It's the $55 postage for a small part that I object to. I'll probably wait until there are other items that I want to make it more worthwhile if I can't find it elsewhere.

mswhin63
11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I just bought a scope from them couple of days ago, checked and now at Singapore can't wait for it to arrive.

You can place an order and check the delivery cost before paying the checkout. That what I did anyway.

There PayPal address is going to change that is how I paid because of a discount. Freight Charge is reasonable. Also check out their Ebay (http://stores.ebay.com.au/Teleskop-Service-Ransburg-GmbH?_trksid=p4340.l2563)page, some items are on there as well not everything though.

They are very nice people to deal with.

mswhin63
11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Ha just checked out their Ebay page sorry expensive.

Better to get packages from them combining postage.

Merlin66
11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Guys,
I use TS adaptors on the Spectra-L200 Kits and have great service from them.
The european delivery costs are usually around 9 euro. I can purchase any/all the adaptors you need and then trans-ship to Oz at cost.
If I can help, just let me know.

Irish stargazer
11-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Telescope service are very good to deal with and their shipping rates are among the best out there. But for a small low price item you will get stung. You could email Patrick @telescope service and see if they would post it at your own risk.

casstony
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.

John, I did email TS but 40 euros is the lowest charge for shipping to Oz.

Thanks for the kind offer Merlin but I wouldn't want to put you through the hassle; looking at the range of adapters I'm up to four in the basket now so it's a little more worthwhile. Funny how you find things you didn't know you needed by looking around an astro shop :)

What's the new scope Malcom?

mswhin63
12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
The scope is:
https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p3881_TS-Super-Apo-80-480mm-F-6---Triplet-FPL-53---colour-free.html

and the Field flattener

When logged in with the right information the Tax is removed.

It just arrived in Perth, so i am hoping it will arrive at my place either Monday or Tuesday. 1 -2 days faster than expected.

Waxing_Gibbous
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm within striking distance of having the cash for the TS 90 I want. So if you wait a couple of weeks we can combine the package.
Toys, toys, toys. I love toys!

multiweb
12-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Telskop Express have some great stuff. Patrick Woitala's a good bloke, always very helpful and available. I orderered a fair bit of bits and pieces from them but true the shipping is the killer, so try to combine the order with others if possible. We did that a couple of months ago with some catseye stuff with Dan and Erik and some others. Similar situation. You pay $40.00 shipping for one small item when you could load up 5 or 6. So you do it this way and share the costs. Even with cost dispatching back in Oz everyone saved a fair bit.

marki
12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
That will make a great widefield scope Malcom. Hook it up to a KAF8300 sensor and you will be able to take pics of large bits of sky in one hit.

Mark

mswhin63
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah i bought it as an interim scope until my shoulder fully heals. I can't lift my DOB for at least 6 - 12 months. I am also considering using it for a guidescope later and get an Astrograph Newt or RC.

Not enough money for a CCD yet so am going to stick with a DSLR

casstony
13-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Sorry to be slow responding Peter - were having a very social weekend.

Thanks for your offer but I ended up putting in an order for a selection of adapters plus one of Baaders clicklock 2" barrels.

The adapters should let me connect an Orion 2" filter wheel directly two different diagonals and the clicklock barrel could go on my 6 inch SCT or replace the eyepiece holder on my GSO 2" dielectric diagonal - looking forward to mixing and matching.

I should get a lot more use from my UHC/OIII/H-beta filters with the new setup. I find they improve views substantially but having to change over eyepiece/filters is a nuisance.

After I've proven that the adaptations work I'll post info on IIS so others can make use of it if they wish.

Visionoz
14-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Yep, no probs with Teleskop-Service at all! Purchased aro $1100 worth of goodies recently and paid only Euros45 for UPS door-to-door and the service from Patrick is exemplary; very informative and thorough :thumbsup:

HTH
Cheers
Bill