PDA

View Full Version here: : North Sydney clubs

Irish stargazer
05-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi
I am relocating to Sydney for work reasons and will be based on the Sydney north side. Not sure exactly where will live yet but will be working in the North Ryde area. Any good clubs with a semi dark sky site not more than 45-60 minutes away for some astrophotography and general viewing? I did see ASNSW's website and this looks interesting.

GTB_an_Owl
05-06-2011, 12:07 PM
yep John

come visit us up the expressway at the Pony Club (see star party section)

about an hours drive for you i reckon
great bunch of blokes and lasses

geoff

Barrykgerdes
05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
The ASNSW is based generally in the Ryde district and meetings are held at Dence park in Epping. We have the two best dark sites in the country (OK so I am biased so what:thumbsup:) Crago 1500 ft up at Bowen mountain near Kurrajong about 45 minutes drive from Epping and Wiruna 3300ft up in the Central western slopes Ilford about 3hrs drive from Sydney.
You can log onto the site at www.asnsw.com (http://www.asnsw.com) and get an application form.

Barry

GraemeT
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
The Hills District Astronomical Society (nee Sydney Northwest Astro Group) are based in the Hills District and meet for star gazing on Friday nights provided the sky is reasonably clear and without too much Moon, at the Dural Pony Club site, top of Bannerman Road Kenthurst. Could be worth your while to come and take a look.

Irish stargazer
06-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks everyone. We will be in Sydney is a few weeks. Hope to meet you all at some point.