PDA

View Full Version here: : Fog

AdrianF
31-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Talk about fog it's absolutely a peasooper out here at the moment can hardly see the sky because of it:eyepop:

Adrian

Ric
03-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Had a beauty out our way this morning as well.Visibility was down to 50-60 metres which made for an interesting ride to work.

AdrianF
03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Normally the fog jere doesn't happen until morning. This time I had just got home from Charleville and went through a couple of fog patches but nothing significant. Got home inside for 15 mins or so and then outside and couldn't see the street light 50 meters away all I could see was a glow.
Happy I got home when I did

Adrian

Ric
04-06-2011, 02:01 AM
One of the scariest things I find about fog is that you just don't know what is up ahead.

On a few occasions I've had kangaroos jump out in front of my motorbike in the middle of a fog. Luckily I've only been travelling at around 30kph so I've been able to stop pretty quickly.

I'll will admit it's good for an adrenalin charge but it does leave you a bit freaked out for the rest of the ride to work.

Terry B
04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
We have fog almot every night in winter that slowly comes up from the valley below my place by midnight. I can be sitting iin the observatory and not realise it has fogged until I lose my guidestar. If you look up you can still see stars until it gets very thick. Stuffs up photometry big time.