PDA

View Full Version here: : Spain F1

bartman
22-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Just watching the F1 Qualifying in Spain.
My Gods! The Track,the Stands, and Surrounds are just absolutely astounding!!!!!! The Camera work is superb as well!
I haven't watched F1 for a while, but this is just mmm mind blowing.......
Sorry but Melbourne's circuit does not stand up to this...
Bartman

scagman
22-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Unfortunaly Melb. is a street circuit and therefore doesn't have a perm. setup like Spain or any of the dedicated race tracks.
It brings a differant sytle of racing to the chapionship.

bartman
22-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Yes .......I agree with the Perm setup reasoning......
So I retract my comments about the Melbourne Circuit John........
I still think the aesthetics of the Spain Circuit and coverage is better than the Melbourne coverage.
Monaco is also a Street Circuit.......and well.....;)
I'm sure if the powers that be, would pour a bit more $$$$ into the motor sports , we would have a better venue and coverage than what we have now..........
Cheers
Bartman

gary
22-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Bart,

Welcome back to the world of F1.

From a purely architectural point of view of how impressive tracks can get,
if you have not seen it already, you might be interested in looking at the
Yas Marina Circuit which opened in 2009 and where the F1 is held in Abu Dhabi.

It includes the futuristic looking Yas Marina Hotel, part of which spans the track
( See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:15_yas_violet_overview.jpg )
and the Ferrari World Theme Park.
(See http://www.thecoolist.com/ferrari-world-abu-dhabi/ )

The official F1 web site has both 2011/2010 "race-edit" and "on-board" videos
here - http://www.formula1.com/video/ which also includes
Abu Dhabi.

Be sure to watch the race tonight and remember the chant, "Go Webber, go!" :lol:

Waxing_Gibbous
22-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I'll stand up for Melbourne here.
It's a very good venue - much nicer than Catalunya, which is dry and dusty and god-knows where the loos are! :D
It's also more of a bike track as the Spanish are bonkers about Moto-GP but only slightly mental for F1.
For my F1 dollar Albert Park is also a more intimate circuit where the fans are closer to the action.

Agree about the TV coverage tho'- for some reason the Aussie directors seem more interested in the pits than the track. I think it was 2009 - there was all sorts of midfield biffo going on out on the circuit and the director spent about 5 laps covering the pit-stops.
Annoying!

BB
22-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Definately the best camera work this season, they have some great shots and angles set up this year. At least this year it should be a bit more interesting with KERS and DRS. Its been a brilliant season so far. (except that Webber is have a rough time) Tonights the nioght tho. GO WEBBER!!!:party2:

bartman
22-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks Gary for those links!
Yes I have seen that track ( mainly through V8 Supercars) and I believe the Singapore track is also a bit of a track to look at!
Anyway GO WEBER!!!!
Cheers
Bartman