PDA

View Full Version here: : New lens caps?

ThunderChild
07-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Just purchased myself a barlow - Meade 4000 #140 and it came in a very large plastic container.
I want to cut out a hole in the foam in my case for it, but I think that would work better if I could replace the thick plastic tube for a couple of lens caps (like I have for my EP's).

1. Does this make sense to do this? (ie is the plastic case used for a reason - is it better than the use of lens caps).

2. Are lens caps readily available? They can't be found on websites from (say) bintel or Andrews - probably because they're such small items.

Chris

rmcpb
07-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Does the case screw together? If so its called a bolt case and is great for keeping your lenses in. Really protects them and I would keep using it.

ThunderChild
07-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi rmcpb,

Screw together? Kinda.
The two halves have notches that twist together as they come closer to each other - the joining is looser than 'screwing together'.
It is significantly wider though, so the barlow rattles and bumps around inside. I was wondering whether having it sit snuggly inside foam would be better protection. (A secondary point is the convenience of having all the EP's and things in one case).

Chris

janoskiss
07-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Roger at Bintel has lens and other caps of various sizes in his personal stash. 50cents a pop.