PDA

View Full Version here: : PME and dome control

bert
26-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Does anybody know of way to setup dome slaving when using a PME without automadome? Usually POTH can be used through the ascom api plug in the sky 6, but because the PME has no ascom driver this cannot be used.

Regards
Brett

Tandum
26-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Brett, there is an ascom telescope driver which is supposed to let you use the sky as a telescope. You need to have remote connections turned on in the sky, under the telescope/server settings menu option. However I've never been able to get it to work, it tells me the sky is not installed? If you got it to work, connect maxim to poth and poth to the sky and the dome I guess.

rally
26-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Brett,

I know that using MaxIm DL you can use a PME, TheSky6, the TheSkyTelescope Driver and I guess any ASCOM compliant dome controller - eg AAG Dome

Hope that helps

Cheers

Rally

bert
26-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi Robin.

The pme cannot connect to poth as it does not have an ascom driver, so the ascom telescope api driver cannot be used.

Rally,

Thanks I just remembered aag dome. I'm a huge fan of their software especially tpoint mapper.

Brett

ericwbenson
27-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Use the ASCOM Dome Control Panel, it connects to your dome and to the PME via TheSky controlled telescope driver.

The PME itself is sort of an incomplete mount...without a computer with TheSky installed the mount is not functional for astronomy. So "the PME has no ascom driver" is not quite true, yes an app can't talk to the PME hardware directly, but the above driver makes TheSky connected to a PME an ASCOM compatible telescope unit accessible to the POTH, Maxim, etc.

AAG Dome is really only for synching the dome and scope while running AAG TPoint Mapper. It actually talks to the ASCOM Dome Control Panel!

Good luck,
EB