PDA

View Full Version here: : UFO on spectrocope install video????

robz
20-04-2011, 04:37 PM
http://vimeo.com/16450291

let the video load and slide to the 18.49 minute mark (just between shot change)

Watch the sky!

ballaratdragons
20-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Sorry Rob. but it's just a bird.

You can even see its wings flap :thumbsup:

Nice try though :lol:

astroron
20-04-2011, 10:15 PM
What a ploy to get one to watch a pretty long winded video:rolleyes:
Yes it was a bird ken :thumbsup:
Cheers

robz
21-04-2011, 01:56 PM
NON BELIEVERS!!!!:lol:

ballaratdragons
21-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Not true Rob! :sadeyes:

I totally believe in birds :rofl:

robz
23-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Hmmmmmmm...........funny how a bird seems to disappear in to the clouds at far left???...............optical illusion?:question:

B.T.W. ..........I can't see any wings flap guys.............maybe you have higher resolution screens?;)

I think this calls for spectroscopic analysis!!!!:eyepop:

GeoffW1
23-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I saw a black blob move from right to left about 18:50 to 18:51, but no flapping, not even from the spectators.

Weird thing was, when I reran the video by dragging the slider, it wasn't there any more !

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

robz
24-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes Geoff, in all seriousness, I have seen hundreds of ''UFO'' videos on Youtube and take interest in this as you may have guessed.
I have seen two strange flying objects in my lifetime - the second was with 12 other people and lasted for over 5 minutes!

This particular ''non flapping bird'' or whatever, has all the typical hallmarks of many UFO's captured on cameras all over the world.
Can't comment on your missing object on dragging the slider back. Have you tried to reload the video again?

If you look very closely at the end of the object's flight path where it seems to disappear at the corner of the building, YOU WILL SEE IT BACK UP SLIGHTLY!!.............a small section of it stays stationary in mid air............quite some bird eh???

I know this is not the right forum to discuss this phenomenon, but one thing is for sure : something doesn't quite make me feel at ease when I see that point in the time line of what seems to be an average video recording of an area of VERY high altitude where ''birds'' are not common.................I think?

ballaratdragons
24-04-2011, 11:39 PM
hmmmm . . . I have just watched the video again many times in slow-mo, frame by frame at large res, and yes, it is weird.

The Bird/flying thing or whatever, does get almost to the edge of the building then all of a sudden is back about half a second in its travels, like the video has jumped back a few frames, then continues on again!!!
all while the video itself is only playing forward which is evidenced by everything else in the video only moving in normal time with no reversals or jumps in frames.

:question:

robz
26-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Ken, it was fun at first, I must admit, to have a laugh at this ''peculiarity'' I suppose.

I have shown this video to quite a few people now and all I get is a puzzled look and ''play it again!''..........and again.........and again........and......?

I don't belong to any UFO societies or forums, but may post the link in one of the many out there to see what they make of it? :shrug:

Just another curiosity on that point in the video, or should I say ''just after the flight of this object : watch the young guy to the left of the group........he seems to see something in that direction, then the next closer shot shows him looking around at the skies in a searching like manner:question:

Strange.............:shrug:

ballaratdragons
27-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Nah, that one I don't see. He just looks like a bloke looking up at the sky like we all do.
Nothing strange in his manner.

But I agree about the weirdness of the object.

robz
27-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I guess that it will remain so as it is not easily explained.

What is really weird is that the scene with the object in it was left as is.
They MUST have noticed it as it's so obvious that it can't be overlooked.

Maybe they just disregarded it as a curiosity only?

Oh well.....................the U.F.O. phenomenon lives on........;)

robz
18-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Just an update:
I have had many more individuals (including a commercial airline pilot, an aviation instructor, and a bird watcher:lol:) examine this video since first posted and discussed.

Yes,........... the video is boring as hell, yes,............ that is a telescope with a spectrograph attached, yes,.............. the people in the video are as vain as they come:D.

The object???.......................... ......UNKNOWN!!!!!!