PDA

View Full Version here: : Amy Mainzer Blog

sjastro
05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Enough of Brian Cox.

There is enough science content here to include in the Science forum.:)

http://www.cosmicdiary.org/blogs/nasa/amy_mainzer/?p=727#more-727

Regards

Steven

CraigS
05-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Amy needs to get out of WISE .. its a great learning area for modelling, (something else Amy could easily make a living in ;) :) ), but the platform was decommissioned on Feb 17 of this year (and its transmitter switched off).

Her CV reads:

.. if ever there was an area of study destined to not go anywhere, it would have to be this one !

She should get in touch with Lisa Randall !

Lisa is presently speaking boldy about potential findings at the LHC and at a political level, (her other job), about the decommissioning of the Tevatron Fermilab, Illinois.

Move on Amy !! Quick !

Cheers

sjastro
05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Amy seems to come across as a diplomat.

Everywhere else it's known as the vanishing software engineer syndrome:). It seems that NASA are not immune from this. They are never around when you need them, the end result being one is forced to cross over into software development to get the job done.
I know from first hand experience.

From what I have heard about Lisa Randall she can be formidable foe, perhaps Amy should team up to provide a softer side.:D

Regards

Steven

CraigS
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
The way of the future, I'm afraid !

I've always argued that a good tool in the hands of the true subject matter expert, always ends up resulting in a superior product.

The old days of writing requirements, (often highly sophisticated), and expecting the end result to align with those .. I think, are on the way out !

Absolutely !! .. Good person for Amy to learn self-defence from !

Check this out (http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/indepth/45561) … does Lisa know her stuff, or what ?
(See audio file at the end of the article)

Cheers

Octane
05-04-2011, 01:37 PM
She's a software developer. OK, marry me.

H

Suzy
06-04-2011, 05:04 PM
:confuse3:

Liz
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
:lol::lol::lol: at Suzy. His series is finished, what are we to do now? :sadeyes:

Now, Amy Mainzer - dont know a thing about her, apart from a prospective marriage interest for H. ;)

Will look up some info tomorrow. :thumbsup:

CraigS
06-04-2011, 06:44 PM
While you're at it Liz, check out Lisa Randall !!

Now there's a real role model .. rather than just a model.
;) :lol: :)

Cheers

sjastro
07-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Lisa Randall has the brains to handle branes...........