PDA

View Full Version here: : Mocha remote desktop

allan gould
16-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I downloaded the Moacha RD from apps store and installed it on my IPad. Found of all the remote desktop apps that this only required the computer ID and password rather than an installation of another program on the PC that is to be remotely controlled. Quick safe and easy.
I can now control everything from inside the house using mu iPad. Wonder why I hadn't done it before. Too easy.

dannat
16-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I use IR desktop to dial into work, seems to work ok..RDP was less successful for me

acropolite
16-03-2011, 10:48 PM
I use iTap works with XP, vista or Win7 remote desktop.

Another appp that may be of interest is NetPortal, allows easy access to your Windows file shares, simple and very effective.

I've also downloaded most of my user manuals/tutorials as PDF, I use PDF reader (Kdan mobile are the authors), I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of this app, not only does it display PDF, but Word and Excel files, plus it has a simple wi-fi sharing upload interface using IE or similar web browser.

dannat
17-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks the tip on PDF reader phil, a friend also uses iTap

White Rabbit
20-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I use itap and jaadu rdp, neither require any software to be installed on you pc. Just click on manual set up and enter your details and your off. I use vnc for my astro stuff though as remote desk top seem to mess with guiding.

multiweb
20-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Got sucked into that thread by the title. I thought it was a new software to remotely access a coffee machine :P Tragic, I know ... ;)

Barrykgerdes
20-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Same here. I like my Mocha:shrug::lol::lol:

Barry

allan gould
20-03-2011, 01:08 PM
i changed the remote application that i was using to Splashtop remote as I found it was far quicker and more responsive than the Moacha RDP although it does require an intallation on a computer and a purchase price of about $5. Very pleased with it so far. Can access all PCs on the network as well as videos and files etc.

AstroJunk
23-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I use Wyse Pocket PC for my Android. Simply superb software, and now I can fully control my dome and telescope from the phone. Top fun :)

Apple fans will have to tell me if it is available in the land of Jobs.