PDA

View Full Version here: : POLL: Is this what you call service?

adman
09-03-2011, 09:03 PM
would anyone else be ticked off in my position??

It took losmandy a month to tell me that an item I ordered was out of stock and would take 3-4 weeks before more were available. (i have since bought this from a local distributor)

THEN another 2 weeks to let me know that another item on the same order needed to be machined.

So it took 6 weeks from the date of ordering to find out what was going on.

It is now over 8 weeks since I ordered these items, and still no indication of when it might ship....

EDIT: I have a feeling that by posting this I have pretty much guaranteed that I won't get my order until sometime next year....

TrevorW
09-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Every email I've sent to Scott Losmandy re my G11 order has been answered promptly

the poll seems a bit harsh

you should include

a) dealt with Losmandy never had a problem
b) occassionally had a problem
c) PITA to deal with

anyway I think moderators might close this thread

adman
09-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Yep - thats what I would expect from them - but I think they are in G11 G2 mode, and my little order (~$300) isn't enough for them to trouble with...I have been having to drag info out of them

adman
09-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm only asking whether people think that this particular instance is poor - not what peoples overall impressions are of the service Losmandy provide.

TrevorW
09-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah but sometimes wrong conclusions can be drawn just by inferance

GeoffW1
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Adam,

I have to agree with Trevor, sorry, I could not vote because I can't see if the entire circumstances are known.

Cheers

adman
09-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I can post the series of emails that has led to this point...they are quite enlightening

I don't really mind whether people vote or not - its pretty clear that it is crappy service. I am just very frustrated by the lack of communication, and about being given misleading information about how long it is going to take

Adam

MrB
09-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd vote both, so didnt vote at all.

Yes I would be ticked off too, but while I can understand your frustration, I have caused issues like this myself.
Despite my very best efforts as a manager of a reasonably busy business, I did occasionaly forget things and occasionaly things got overlooked.. and people got ****ty. Unfortunately, it happens no matter how hard you try.

To throw a few cliche's around, Nobody is perfect, we are only human etc etc.

I'd have to agree with Trevor, a better Poll would have been to establish if this is a common issue.

AstroGuy
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Adam,

I don't know what the order agreement was between you and Losmandy, but if they took your money promising the order would ship out at a particular time then they are to blame.

I would not accept it. I would cancel the order for a start. I would also express my concerns in writting to them and inform them they have lost a customer. I would also inform them that I would not recommend their services to anyone else. Losmandy ain't the only supplier of quality products.

Now, if they tried to compensate me in some way well....I would rethink my actions and most likely withdraw my complaint :)

Cheers.

leon
09-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree it is difficult to vote, so best not vote at all, however I can say my dealings with Losmandy, plus other Astro suppliers over the years has been nothing short of commendable.

Leon

wasyoungonce
10-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm not suggesting that the Losmandy service is good enough...but this is how he does business...kinda like a minimal interface between his manufacturing and the public.

As you know he builds stuff for the Hollywood movie industry and does the mounts on the side, between Hollywood movie orders. You can guess which has priority. Thus he batch makes HGM mounts and parts in movie industry down time, keeps his employees at the coal face so to speak.

But yes his mount business has grown somewhat...enough to warrant full time production? Maybe? It's hard to tell. While we are reaping the rewards of the strong $Aust...the domestic market has contracted.

But yes he needs a better system of business interface to the public (and a better web site).

My guess is that if this happens..costs may rise!

leinad
11-03-2011, 02:28 AM
Sorry had to ask, Was stock questioned before the order?
With an Aus dealer through Losmandy the responses on delivery of an ordered item took a month. For a measly Losmandy accessory.
In the end the dealer was kind enough to give me his due to the long wait for the item to be shipped from Losmandy.

Now on I always question stock first; and question a deposit prior to shipping second.

I feel your frustration. It's one thing to wait a long time for an item to be shipped; and another to receive no response in a reasonable timeframe.
*didn't bother on the poll.

OzRob
11-03-2011, 03:04 AM
My biggest gripe with buiness conducted over the net is when they do not answer emails in a timely fashion. If they don't reply in a reasonable time I think the service is poor. I don't think that emails should take any more than 3 business days to reply to. After that time I assume that I will not be getting one and I send a 'please update' email. That said I always first ask about availability of a particular item before ordering it.