PDA

View Full Version here: : Robo Focus help

KenGee
03-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi All users of Robo focus. I have been using my RC which has it's own focusser control box which worked fine. I have set up my 300mm lens using Robofocus and it doesn't work it has worked in the past. I'm using it through a RSR232 to usb and when I try to connect to the control box I get a popup saying "No response from Robofocus" and then another one saying "port closed".
I think I'm having a bit of a brain fade here, but has anyone else had this problem?

BTW the focuser works fine via the buttons on the control box.

OzRob
03-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I have had the same response a couple of times and have found that the problem is with the USB convertor. Trying reinstalling/updating the drivers for the convertor.

Octane
04-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Mine had a similar issue, and, I had to send it back to the US.

I sent it back on the 24th of January and hadn't heard anything from them. I have sent numerous emails to them over the last 2 weeks and didn't get a reply. The one I sent last night had a swift response back from Jeremy saying that he hasn't seen my RoboFocus unit arrive.

I am really quite concerned now. I sent it via registered post and insured for $400. Luckily, I have all the paperwork and will have to go to the post office on Monday and see what I have to do to get reimbursed, or whatever else has to be done. First time this has ever happened to me.

H

KenGee
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the replies, Ive to do all that and on a new computer too I have even tried a different USB converter. I'm starting to think I'll have to do the same as Qctane as I've noticed it is running a bit hot will try emailing the makers tonight to see what they say. Would be nice to see a usb version.