PDA

View Full Version here: : PHD not recognising guide camera

Lester
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi all, I have had PHD version 1.7 and it worked well for ages, but I wanted to try a later version that shows the tracking graph that some threads have talked about. I should not have deleated version 1.7 . I downloaded version 1.12 and it will not recognise my Orion Starshoot Auto guider. I have removed and reloaded the program 3 times with the same result.

I have even tried to find the old version 1.7 to reload, but can only find the latest 1.12 version. Can anyone help me please.

Astroman
06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Strange it doesn't recognise it Lester, is there an Orion star shoot installation driver? you may need to reinstall?

Actually just found these if it is of any interest...

Has the older versions of the software...

http://www.stark-labs.com/OldVersions/Windows/

mithrandir
06-02-2011, 08:35 AM
IIRC this has happened to others and you need an Orion driver update.

From the Y! Stark users group:

Lester
06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your help Andrew and Andrew. I have just installed 1.9 and will see if that recognises the camera.

All the best.

JohnG
06-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Have a look at this page, it tells you what you need to do.

http://www.stark-labs.com/prerelease.html

Lester
06-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi John thanks for all that info. I just tried 1.9 with the Orion starshoot auto guider and it works fine. If I need to upgrade to a later version down the track I will come back to all this info for help.

Thanks again Andrew.

Rigel003
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Lester, I had exactly the same problem last week when I was about to start an imaging run and found it wouldn't work. This advice is correct. You just need to download and install the new driver.

Lester
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks Graeme for your input. Tonight is my first chance at trying out the tracking, and PHD version 1.91 is working well. It is a bit windy, and noticed some star movement, but still happy.